Chapter 15

Reich sat tiredly on the floor, bored out of his mind.

He had a couple of pencils and a sketchbook in front of him.

He hadn't left his room yet, but Germany had visited him. Leaving him some food and saying that he'll be having another babysitter today.

Reich hadn't touched his meal and very unsure of what to draw.

He was lost in thought for a moment before his door was suddenly opened.

He looked up to see Japan standing there, not JE, but Japan.

She stared at him for a moment, "I'll be downstairs."

Reich nodded and she left.

The German sat in his room for while longer before deciding he wouldn't be drawing anything at that moment.

Reich stood up and walked to his door. He listend closely and once he knew he was in the clear he opened the door very quietly.

He poked his head out to see an empty hallway, he glanced back at his room and proceeded to quickly slipped out of it.

The German shut the door behind him and began making his way down the poorly furnished hallway.

He hadn't been able to look around here much, so he would defiantly be exploring today.

The hallway was full of muted colors and boring decor. Goodness, the trenches looked more colorful than this place.

Reich cringed at some of the 'modern art' on the wall but kept on walking.

After snooping through some rooms he found something that really peaked his interest, a hatch on the ceiling.

Now this hatch obviously led to an attic that would surely be full of things, so Reich attempted to jump up and grad the handle but was too short to even reach halfway.

He grumbled and ran off, coming back moments later with a chair he had gotten somewhere.

He stood on the chair and reached for the latch, it opened almost immediately.

Thankfully he was able to move out of the way before he was hit in the face with the ladder.

Reich ducted down and watched the ladder hit the floor, he glanced towards the stairs, waiting to see if the loud noise had gotten him caught.

But after a minute or two nobody came.

So the German hopped off the chair and ran to the end of the ladder stair thing.

He tested the wooden boards carefully and, once he knew they where strong enough he began climbing up the steep steps.

Reich looked into the dark room. He quickly noticed the dust but it didn't bother him too much.

He glanced around for a light switch or something, and once he saw it, he stepped into the dark room and turned it on.

It wasn't too bright and had quite the orange tint to it but it was good enough. It reminded him of some places.

The German quickly began exploring the box filled room. He walked around the cluttered space carefully, old boxes covered almost all of the floor.

He noticed some old canvases and plant pots. Some old books and a very old looking mirror. He stared at himself for a moment before walking away from it.

After a bit more searching he noticed a very very old looking box with some German words written on it.

He ignored them and started poking at the clear tap on the box.

He pulled it off and carefully opened the old thing. He stared at what was inside, not knowing if he should pick it up.

Huh. I wonder why they would keep this.

Reich reached into the box and pulled out a black hat. But not just a black hat. His hat.

The German stared at it for a moment before dusting it off a bit. It was pretty well intact despite the years it had been through.

Had it been hidden away for all these years like he had been?

Reich stood up and placed it on his head, he looked over at the old mirror he had found. He walked over to it and stared at himself.

The metals on the cap still shinned like they where brand new.

The German sighed as he stared at himself. Something just felt wrong about this.

He took off the hat and stared at it for a little while before going back to the old box.
He dropped the cap back into the box and closed it up.

Reich gave it some thought and eventually picked up the box, thankfully it wasn't too heavy for him.

He made his way down the steep steps and back to his room, making sure the close the attic's door and to put the chair back before leaving

Reich got back to his room and sat the box down on his desk. But he knew he couldn't leave it there, so he picked it up again and walked over to his closet.

The German was able to balance it in one hand and use his other to open the door.

He was surprised with how messy the closet looked, especially since he hadn't been using it.

He moved some of the items on the floor around as the closet definitely hadn't been cleaned in a good while.

He picked up a blanket and suddenly heard something drop onto the floor.

The German looked down to see what it was and froze, his eye widened at the item, and he dropped the box.

------------------------
:O

909