Chapter 29

I think I should put a warning here before the chapter starts. Just a heads up.
2564
-----------------------

Germany stared at the floor for a moment, his head rested on his father's closed door. He stood there, contemplating his next action, when he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

He jumped and looked behind him, finding Poland standing there innocently, Germany sighed and rubbed his face before looking back at Poland.

"You scared me."

"I know."

Germany glared at him for a moment, which made Poland whisper a quick apology back.

Germany rolled his eyes at that and went back to staring at his father's door, but it would not open.

"Germany. I don't think he's coming out."

Said country looked behind him, staring back at Poland who was still there. He was probably right.

"Come on, let's go out. I'm sure he just needs some alone time."

Germany looked at the other confusingly, "Poland, you do realize how late it is?"

The red and white country shrugged, "We can still go out."

Germany sighed and looked back at his father's door. He didn't really want to leave. He needed to take care of his father.

"Come on Germany," Poland motioned for the other to follow him. "A little night out never hurt anyone."

Germany hummed and unwillingly nodded, that wasn't true, but perhaps he should get out of the house. He had been panicking around this place all day.

"Okay, let's go then."

Poland smiled a little at that and held his hand out for the other to take. Germany was a bit confused at the gesture, but took the other's hand anyways. He didn't mind the friendly contact.

The two waddled away, off to find something to do to keep their mind off their stressful day.

Night fell, and morning came. And the house was silent. Silently loud.

Reich blinked at the ceiling. His room pitch black as his blinds were closed. He hadn't remembered when he closed them, but he did. He couldn't stand the faces that stared back at him. He couldn't stand it.

The German glanced at the door, hearing a knock from the other side. In his mind he went to open it, but no one was there.

No one was ever there.

Reich blinked as he held the door handle. How had he gotten here, he stared at his closest, knowing exactly what he was looking for.

He fell to his knees, searching for it, digging and digging through the messy closet.

By the time he found it he had already ripped the closet apart. It's guts laid across the floor, multiple layers of fat, tissue, and dust.

Reich tapped the gun gently with his overgrown fingernails. He listened intently as it ticked.

He was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall.

He glanced at the clock, as they ticked together.

His mind flattened for a minute trying to focus on something. Trying to figure out where he was.

Where was Germany? Where was his little bundle of joy. But that joy didn't like him. It never liked him.

Reich hummed sadly, looking back at the gun in his hands. He huffed slightly, feeling his eyes begin to pile with tears.

He didn't want to do this.