Rival (part 11)

Eddy was dressed in classy attire, tailored costume in exotic colors. Brett stared in disbelief at the boy. Had he embraced life as a pimp? Was his Eddy maybe gone? Was he too late.

"Do you have what we agreed upon?" The guard asked, looking around cautiously.
Eddy reached into his inner pocket and handed the man a good amount of money.

The guard took it greedily. He briefly counted the papers and looked up. Brett was slung forward by the guard. Eddy caught him in a steady grip but kept his look stern on the guard.

"If you tell anyone a word about this, I assure your whole family's death within the week." Eddy's teeth were gritted as he spoke, his voice low.
The guard spat on the floor before closing the gate.

Was this really it? Was Brett really free? Was Eddy really there? Was he dreaming?

Eddy leaned briefly forward, grip still firm around Brett's forearms.
"We cannot risk anything, my love."
Brett's whole body relaxed at the last word. This really was his Eddy.

All he wanted to do was cry and scream, pull himself closer to the taller, extinguish the space between them to never be existant again.

But Eddy was right. They were in a dangerous place to gamble.

Eddy started walking, pacing away from the prison step by step, leading Brett by his wrist. A carriage that Brett assumed was Eddy's own brought them to a big mansion.

Brett's eyes went wide at the sight. It wasn't until the carriage stopped and Eddy walked out that Brett understood it was Eddy's mansion. They had only ever been with each other at the dormitory and never even talked about their other homes.

Eddy looked back at the wide eyed Brett by the carriage. He smiled in awe and reached out a hand. Brett hesitantly took it, not sure if the coast was clear yet, and he wasn't surprised when Eddy let go after having helped Brett out of the carriage.

The walk to the front door felt endless, their shoes clicking against the stoney walk. Only a few steps left. Brett watched as Eddy opened the big door. He barely had time to breathe before he was yanked into the mansion and into Eddy's arms.

Brett was free falling, or rather crashing.

The tears came immediately as he felt Eddy's secure arms embrace him tight.
"Shhh, It's ok, I've got you baby, I got you," Eddy soothed through his own tears.

Finally. He had his baby again.

And finally, Brett was back where he belonged.