[5] - My Lab Partner Is The Newbie

♥ Elody's P.O.V. ♥

"El? El! Wake up! It's time to wake up!" I heard my mobile phone bringing me to life. I immediately woke up and sprinted to Tommy's room. I quietly opened the door to his room and saw his angelic face sleeping.

A smile crept to my face as I slowly sat down next to him. I leaned over and nudged him.

"Tommy... Tommy wake up..." I cooed. His figure squirmed under my touch as his eyes fluttered open. His green eyes shone in question.

"El...I don't wanna wake up!" Tommy whimpered, adjusting his position that opposed his previous. I sighed exhaustively.

"Okay Tommy. I'm leaving for school. You know what to eat when you wake up, right? Let no one in! I have my own keys. Always answer the telephone, ok?" I lectured Tommy worriedly.

"Okay El. I love you. Bye" Tommy said, sleepily. He rose, kissed my cheek and thudded back down onto his bed. Yes, I know leaving a 7-year-old alone in the house, but ever since the death of our parents Tommy grew distant, obedient and mature. It was completely out of his previous nature.

I grabbed my bag and threw on some clothes. I texted Brook saying I was ready:

El: Brook! I'm ready. Where r u?

Brook: Around the corner. Come out.

I shoved my phone down my pockets. I applied light makeup to freshen up my look and turned to the mirror to evaluate my life. Oops... I meant outfit. I had denim blue shorts, a red tank top and a denim jacket. I slid on my converses and re-evaluated my outfit. Something was missing... AHA!

I pulled out my snap-back with the words DOPE written across them. I heard a honking noise outside and I rushed outside.

"Love you. Take care!" I called out to Tommy. I was greeted by Brook's Lamborghini. Ariadne's chirpy and innocent face morphed mine into a smile. Brook waved at me while I got into shotgun.

"El, I don't know how you could have killed Vossen so mercilessly..." Ariadne says, visibly shuddering. I look over to her and see her disgusted look. I was used to it. I was a killer... a murderer. I didn't even deserve to be friends with these girls. I yearned for Ariadne's innocence and for Brook's control.

"I just pretend that Vossen - or any one I murder - killed my parents." I said while shrugging. Silence enveloped the car ride. Brook and Ari knew my parents were a sore subject, and I would never talk about it unless I was dead serious.

"I'm sorry El. I didn't mean to-" I cut Ari off my lifting my hand in the air and closing it into a fist.

"Anyways, school's coming around the corner. I was really looking forward to slicing Joshua..." Brook said in a pout, briefly glancing at Ari through her backside mirror.

"Same!" I whined with Brook. Ari's face reddened in embarrassment.

Brook parked in front of the school gate in our usual parking spot. It wasn't reserved for us or anything but everyone in school knew to keep off of that parking space since we didn't like walking all the way to the entrance of the school. I got out and slammed the door close.

"Hey hey...keep it easy with Lily!" Brook said in slow and loving words. I rolled my eyes at the stupid adoration that was held above my face.

"Hey! You shouldn't be ignoring since you do the same for Fire!" Brook retorted at my actions.

I playfully glared at Brook while Ari lightly giggled. We walked into the school in a straight line towards our lockers. The crowd parted for us, the looks holding emotions of admiration, lust and envy. I ignored the haters and walked straight for my locker. Just as my perfectly manicured hands touched my locker, I felt my hat being swiped off of my head.