[15] - The Fight

♠ ♦ Brooklyn's P.O.V. ♦ ♠

Tension filled the air as we sat in my living room. We were all sitting in the same positions we had been a few hours ago, except this time, instead of sitting in a comfortable silence, we were sitting in an awkward one.

Nobody moved a muscle, and nobody dared to take deep breaths out of fear that something worse could happen.

The house still looked like the leftover mess of a party, and it still smelt like a mix of alcohol and cigarettes. I'm also pretty sure that there were a group of druggies out in the back garden making some kind of deal with the other students. The bedrooms on the ground floor were a mess; the condoms and protection that Ana had kept in the drawers for safe keeping while she was setting up the basement for the party were all gone, and some used ones were strewn across the bedroom floors. Basically, the ground floor of the house was a mess, along with the basement. Chlorine, alcohol, drugs, and condoms don't go well together.

Damon was still shaking in fury and rage, cursing Ian and Aaron for stopping him from teaching Derrick a lesson. As far as way from Damon as humanly possible was El, still shaken up from the evening's events. She curled up in a ball with tear stains evident on her face.

Ari was sitting next to El with her arms wrapped around her in a caring embrace whilst whispering soothing words to calm El sniffles and tears.
Ian and Aaron were both sitting on the edge of their chairs, each one ready to jump into action in case something would happen.

Basically we were all on edge and severely affected by the earlier traumatic events of the day. Who would have known a party would end in such a distressing way?

The silence was all that could be heard and felt through out the big living room. That is, until the shrill ringtone of the house phone startled us all out of our emotional trances.
I quickly walked over to the phone and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi, sweetie, it's your mum June. Oh shit... Why would she be calling me, I haven't done anything wrong have I? Maybe they found out about the party and I'm going to be grounded for life!

"Honey are you still there?" Her syrup like voice interrupted my inner rant.

"Yes, sorry about that. It's just really early here, so I'm still a bit tired, that's all. What's up?"

"Oh sorry, dear, I forgot to look at the time over there when I called. But I called to tell you that your stepfather, Richard, and I are taking the jet in about half an hour, and the best part is, we're coming to see you!"

"Oh wow, mom, that's great! Look, mom, I have to go. I'll see you soon" I said quickly before hanging up the phone real quickly, so that she wouldn't question my hasty departure.

I looked over at my friends with a terrified and wild look in my eyes as realisation finally washed over me. My strict set of parents who were very against parties were going to be home in about two hours, and I knew that whatever was to come wouldn't be pretty.

"Guys get your asses of the couches because we have a crisis on our hands!" I screamed. "My parents are coming home in about two hours and over that length of time the house has to be spotless. There can be no evidence of the sleepover, or the party! Do you understand?! Good, now let's get to work!"

We all went off in to pairs, but I decided that I would stick with El, for the next hour and a half. I tried to speak to her and keep a conversation going, but she was very unresponsive, simply staring off into the distance while cleaning in auto pilot. Eventually, I just gave up and let the silent consume us for the rest of the time while we worked.