[20] - Friendship Returns

Damon's P.O.V.

"Dude, who are you texting this early in the morning?" I groaned at Ian who was stretched upon my backseat. He held his phone above his face, his thumbs typing on the smartphone screen. I glanced at him from my side-view mirror. He completely ignored me. That bastard...

Aaron completely turned behind to face Ian, his butt now sticking out towards the window. I mentally face-palmed myself. The poor people passing by...

"Ian! Who the hell ya texting?" Aaron exclaimed. He tried to get a view by leaning forward to view the screen, but Ian pulled his phone away, shooting daggers through his glare at Aaron.

"It's Elody. Now shut your mouth-holes." Ian muttered, returning to his phone. A dark shadow crossed my face as my tiredness leaked out of me, now replaced by annoyance. I personally hated how Ian was getting close with Elody. Ian didn't even come back with us: he took Elody on a joy-ride after school on his motorcycle. Now, his motorcycle was heaving down in the car trunk.

"Oh. Cool." I commented as my hands tightened on the steering wheel, making my knuckles white. Aaron returned to his normal seating position as silence stretched over us like a blanket. Finally, we reached school, and I parked next to a familiar Lamborghini. Was I jealous? Yes, a million times. A Lamborghini was my dream car. I loved its speed, its engine's roar, its feel...

"Earth to Damon. The car-drooling idiot." Aaron said, waving his hands in front of my face.

"Shut up, Ronnie." I retorted. He rolled his eyes and got out the car, shrugging on his bag. I got out and opened the door to the backseat. I mockingly bowed as Ian exited the car.

"Your Highness." I said.

"Oh, Damon dear. You are too kind." Ian replied, in his Tyrion Lannister voice. This guy was obsessed with Game of Thrones. So obsessed that he could mimic the voices of the characters...

"Screw you, Ian." I said, laughing. I slammed the door shut and the three of us walked into the school. As we walked in, I noticed a familiar group of girls chitchatting away at their lockers. Ariadne, Brooklyn and Elody. It had been a long time since the six of us had a good talk. By 'good talk', I meant Ian shamelessly hitting on Brook, Aaron silently eyeing and flirting with Ari, and Elody teasing me about some new stupid thing I did. I missed it. A lot.

*****

The day flew by, as boring as usual. I was bored out of my mind. Now, it was lunchtime. The boys and I headed to our car for lunch, like we had done for the past week or so. But someone stopped us. Ariadne.

"You guys are going to eat lunch at your car?!" Ari exclaimed, shocked out of her mind.

We shared a glanced with one another and nodded, trying to move past her. Still, she stubbornly held her ground.

"No, no, no. You guys are eating with us." Ari demanded. The three of us shared uncertain glances. Our chemistry wasn't really right anymore.

"I dunno, Ari..." Ian said, scratching the back of his head. Yeah, he wasn't used to such kindness. Jackass..

"Oh, come on!" Ari, well, insisted. Ari dragged me to the cafeteria, which made Ian and Aaron follow us. When we entered, my first view was Elody and Brook looking up at us in confusion. Brook's face morphed into anger, while Elody just looked down at her food after sharing a smile with Ian. Automatically, Ian sat next to Elody. Ari made me sit down next to her, so poor Ronnie had to sit with the enraged Brook.