[16] - Running From The Devils

♣ Ariadne's P.O.V. ♣

Brook had finally stood up to June and had kicked her out. El had had her parents mentioned by that ex boyfriend of hers, and she'd seen what Damon was capable of when he was angry. I, on the other hand, had different problems.

In an attempt to address the elephant in the room, Brook had made us all go to bed, but she had pulled El and me away separately to just talk. El had refused, and she left to her room, leaving Brook. As usual, I was the only one Elody would talk to. She'd smile at me while she turned to scowl at everyone else, including Brook.

I'd told Brook everything about what had happened between Aaron and me, all the way from waterfall jumping to the near kiss moment. As a result, she'd told me to stay away from him, that he was trying to take advantage of me. In a way to distract both herself and me, she decided our next private mission to be to keep Aaron away from me. Even she was keeping away from Ian who she'd cried on, which she claimed to be humiliating.

We'd just arrived at school, and Brook parked her Lamborghini in the space next to the usual. We hopped out, with El slowly dragging her feet. Poor El...

El smiled at me as I watched her worriedly. She looked tired, and she probably hadn't gotten much sleep in the morning. Still, at least she was at school.

"Hello ladies." Out of nowhere, Ian's voice appeared. Well, he appeared from behind the car, previously hidden from sight. Brook and I jumped. Our nerves were frayed as we jokingly tried to push each other away as to escape.

"Hello, Ariadne." Aaron was out, smirking at me with that signature smug expression on his face.

"Back off, dipshit." El scowled, standing in front of me protectively. "She deserves much better than you."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Aaron snarled. Brook had told me that Aaron had always been the scariest one, the one who looked and acted dangerous. Still, to me, he was just... Aaron. Honestly, I had no idea what to think. Should I really run from Aaron, or should I stay with him?

El glared at Aaron, and tension spread in the air. The rest of us were silent. Even as Ian tried to just talk to Brook, she ignored him, just as I had expected. I'd always thought 'Ellie and Ronnie' were a great pair of friends, but I seem to be wrong. Again, I have wrong data.

"I should just chop off your dick and stick it to your forehead, so that everyone can see what a dickhead you are." El retorted.

"Elody, I..." Damon too appeared out of nowhere. He was interrupted as Elody walked over to him and placed a finger to his lips.

"Don't even speak to me." She murmured. With that, she slapped him. Hard. The sound echoed, and everyone looked surprised. Well, everyone except Damon.

"I deserved that, didn't I?" Damon laughed awkwardly, brushing his hand his red cheek.

She glowered at him angrily. She still stood in front of me protectively, away from Aaron.

"Fuck, Elody, you're just making this difficult. Why won't you talk to me?" He demanded, sounding frustrated.

"Don't swear in front of Ari." El warned. "You're a bastard. You don't even have self control over yourself, much less your anger."

"Fine. I'm all of that. Still, we need to talk." With that, Damon pulled her away, to his own sleek ride. She tried to slap his hand away, but he kept dragging her away from us. He was practically kidnapping her in public, and she couldn't fight him back because that would prove how strong she is. She'd hidden her fighting in school because no one was supposed to know that the school prankster was actually a strong fighter.