[17] - The Wild Ride

♥ Elody's P.O.V. ♥

After failing an attempt to rip Damon's head open, I decided to murder him with the curse of 'The Silent Treatment'. Honestly, I was just faking it. He would have been dead if I really ripped his head open. Yeah... so ripping his head open. Sounded like the best thing in the world when that demonic idiot decided to grab my wrist and imprison me in his stupid black Ford Mustang.

Ok, so you might be saying, this guy ain't bad. For my sanity, let's backtrack a little. I was protecting Ari from her soon-to-be boyfriend, Aaron, or Ronnie if you must. Secretly, I ship them. I mean, sexy bad boy falls in love for a cute nerd. What's not to like? I angered Ronnie to make him believe that he shouldn't touch Ari. The more you push a dog away, the more they come back whimpering for more. Believe me, I have experience. Then I slapped Damon, and it felt awesome! The guy tried to kill someone!

That's my job, I know, but I do it because the people I kill have done bad things. Bigger than insulting my family. Sure, I cried and happen to be ashamed, but Damon's presence triggers the memory over and over again. And then, the boy, stupidly enough, kidnapped me in front of all of my friends.

Here I am, hugging my knees to my chest and looking out of the window while the kidnapper is driving the car to isolation. I've known him for a week; he doesn't have kidnapping privileges yet!

Silence played the key role while the humming of the car soothed me into a more... peaceful anger. My eyes knit together while I replay the kidnapping in my mind. I managed to peek a glance at Damon, I saw him furrowing his eyebrows uncomfortably like he wanted to say something to break the iceberg. But, just like Titanic, he's just sinking to the ocean's floor.

"I'm gonna break the iceberg since you have no idea how to. Why, in the hell, did you kidnap me?" I asked, raising my voice at the 'kidnapping part'. He shrugged and answered.

"Cuz I need to talk to you."

"Oh, you want to talk to me? Well why didn't you just say so? Now you are completely forgiven and I'm not angry anymore."

"Really?!" Hope filled his eyes as he turned to almost grin at me.

"No, you buffoon! You kidnapped me! Who does that?" I shrieked at him. Gosh, this guy... I leaned back and let my head thud against the seat, my hands covering my eyes in exhaustion. My hands fell from my face to my lap, and I looked at him. Curse his good looks!

I turned completely to the window, crossed my arms and folded my legs up on the seat. Screw manners.

"I'm not talking to you." I stated. Damon let out a chuckle and continued driving. After a couple of minutes of silence, I heard the radio turn on.

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe

I'm shaking falling onto my knees

And now that I'm without your kisses

I'll be needing stitches

I'm tripping over myself

I'm aching begging you to come help

And now that I'm without your kisses

I'll be needing stitches

This song was unknown to me, but unfortunately, Damon knew it. He started singing it, not matching the tunes to the song. The high pitch part of the song came, but I turned and put my hand on his bicep.

"Don't hurt yourself." I said, a small smile riding my face. Damon's face beamed as he managed to make me talk.

"Thought you weren't talking to me."