[23] - I'll Never Leave You

♥ Elody's P.O.V. ♥

Happy. That's how I felt today. I don't know why I felt extra happy, but it felt good.

"El, why aren't you ready? We're already late!" Brook exclaimed, eyeing me.

"Actually, I'm gonna walk to school today." I stated. Brook and Ari gaped at me.

"You've never wanted to walk to school. Are you okay?" Ari said. I rose my hands up, above my head.

"I don't know, Ariadne." I said. Ari's mouth shaped into an 'o'. I never called her by her full name.

"I feel so hyped and jumpy, y'know? But it's decided. I'm walking." I stated, crossing my arms. My body language gave out a challenge to Brook who was studying me closely. Daring her to deny.

"We'll walk with you too." Brook suggested.

"No. Nope. Noppity, nope. I'm doing this all by myself." I said.

"Why? You might get hurt." Ari said. With raised eyebrows, I looked at her.

"Fine." Brook said. She pulled Ari with her out the door. She clearly was hurt by my decision. Ari gave me a concerning look before being dragged out.

I raced up to my room and got dressed. I dressed into a plain black crop-top that covered till the top of my belly button, white denim shorts and tied a red and black plaited shirt around my waist. Like always, I pulled on my black Converses. Grabbed my bag and my phone, I headed out doors.

I was just plain old walking to school. And it felt strangely nice.

Until I heard it.

"Help! Someone please hel-Mmm!!" A feminine voice echoed from narrow dark alleyway on my left.

"You better shut up girlie, or this will just hurt more." A cruel masculine voice thundered through the valley. From what I could see, there were three men and a small girl, who was completely tied up.

I sneaked up closer, hiding my body behind a dumpster.

The scene ahead of me was... disturbing. A man with a red hat pulled over his head, had a dirk in his hand, pressed against the girl's throat, making long cuts.

He held the Dirk against the girl's throat, which was already bleeding from the previous cuts. The two other men were guffawing, while holding deadly schiavonas, Italian blades.

The terrified girl had tears welled up in her brown eyes. She didn't deserve this. No one did.

"Hey dipshits! Pick on someone your own size." I yelled with a glowering look aimed straight at them.

The three men scrambled back in surprise. One tripped over himself, landing oh-so-graciously on his butt. The man, who seemed to be in charge, slowly drew his Schiavona from his belt slowly. All the while, I held firmly in his gaze.

He rushed at me, letting out a battle cry of a hog. I sidestepped his attack and the blade clashed against the metal of the dumpsters that sent sparks flying into the air.

"That's how it's done boys." I said, winking at the other two. "So simple."

Anger fueled their eyes. The man with the red hat charged at me, like an idiot. Judging by his approach, I could easily tell that he was inexperienced. I easily plucked the dagger out of his hands. I jabbed my elbow into his neck, snapping it like a twig. Just like that, his life was taken from him.

The third man smartly rounded me up, twirling his schiavona. I met my dagger to his sword and slid it sideward. Pulling my dagger back, I twisted myself to kick the man in the face. Blood sprayed on the walls, and the man grimaced at me with his bloody mouth.