[4] - A Test and Mission

♣ Ariadne's P.O.V. ♣

"I. Am. So. Pissed. Off. Right. Now!" El was furious, punching the punching bag. With every sentence, she was completely destroying one punching bag at a time. I was simply replacing them each time they were knocked off the hook.

"Who. Do. Those. Guys. Think. They. Are!" She shrieked on the top of her lungs, beating the stuffing out of yet another punching bag. As I reached over to replace it, she held out a hand, shaking her head.

"I'm fine. Thanks, Ari." She said with a sigh, wiping her sweat with a towel. At the side, Brook was running on a treadmill, getting rid of her stress in a less violent way.

For both El and Brook, the guys had just pissed them off. Even though the guys had left, the annoyance at the guys seemed to be a good type of excuse to fight or release stress. For me, the guys, especially the one with hazel eyes who had been watching me, had scared me so much. Even as an assassin, guys were foreign territory to me.

Suddenly, the door opened. All of us stopped what we were doing to stare at Carl, who had just walked through the door frame.

"Scarlett Phantoms, please follow me." He waited as we grabbed our towels. Without a single question, we followed him.

"Ari, who's that?" Elody whispered.

"That's Carl, personal assistant of Malcolm, the CEO of this organisation." I whispered back. The perks of living in the actual organisation popped up every once in a while.

"Where are we going?" Brooklyn asked.

"Probably to Malcolm." I replied indifferently. The rest of the way to Malcolm's office was silent, with us trailing after Carl in our workout clothes.

"In here, please." Carl said politely, ushering us into what I knew as Malcolm's office.

Malcolm had possibly the weirdest office possible. It was completely empty, except for a single chair, right in the middle. The walls were bare, just grey metal. The entire office just felt like a box. He had two offices, his work office and his 'peace' office. Obviously, this was the peace office.

"Evening, ladies." His back was to us, but his voice bounced around the silent room. "I've had you brought here to give you a mission. I want to test how efficiently and quickly you can complete a misson. Your mission starts as soon as you manage to track down the target."

"Cut the mysterious act, Malcolm." I said sweetly. "We all know that's not what you're really like." Immediately, Malcolm spun around on his seat, a pout on his face.

"How did you realise?" He asked childishly. This is the Malcolm I'm used to. He was either the CEO or just a man who was like family.

"You're practically family. How could I not know?" I said mockingly. "So, who's our target?"

"Zain Vossen." He said, returning to his formal tone. "He's a well known hacker, a billionaire, but he's never been caught. There isn't enough evidence against him to arrest. On your way out, Carl will give you the file on Vossen."

"Yes, sir." All three of us said simultaneously, starting to leave the room. As we walked out, Carl handed a thick grey file to Brook, who politely accepted it. With El and me on either side of her, Brook flipped through the file.

"Zain Vossen. Twenty seven years old. Hacker and mercenary." Brook read out. "He's from Netherlands, and he likes brunettes. He quite likes his drink. He 'enjoys the company of British ladies', and he's a dickhead." She said, slamming the file close. She handed it over to me, probably because I needed it to track him down.