[38] - Cupid's Game Comes To An End

♥ Elody's P.O.V. ♥

Betrayal.

Damon; a BLACK Agent.

My enemy.

With all those thoughts in my head, a scream pierced through the boxing room I was in.

A scream so loud, so wild, so unbelievably desperate.

It took me a full minute to realize that the predatory shriek belonged to me. My fists clenched inside my boxing gloves as my fists thudded against the punching bag. Fist after fist, faster and faster. The punching bag let out a groan before it crashed into the wall across the room with sand pouring out of it. Deep and heavy pants heaved through me as I stared at myself in the mirror.

I saw a red haired girl with feral green eyes, drenched in sweat, high ponytailed hair stuck to her forehead, cheeks and neck. That's not me. No, not me at all. That image belonged to Deadshot. The girl that could kill without a second thought. The girl who could drive a knife through a person's neck, wash off the blood and walk the Earth's surface with a smile. That was Deadshot. Not me.

I decided that, because of all these crazed thoughts, I needed a distraction. Pain. Physical pain. I yanked off a glove with my teeth teeth and threw it at the broken punching bag. With my free hand, I pulled off the other glove, I threw it at the punching bag with the same fury.

My eyes wandered for a target until my eyes landed on a single crack in the mirror. It was tiny, a small scar on the piece of glass. I took even steps back and positioned myself right in front of it. My fists clenched tight, ready for anything. One fist shot out against the crack. Sparks of pain shot through my knuckles, but all I could concentrate on was the crack on the mirror. Fist after fist, I ignored the throbbing pain, and inch by inch, the crack in the mirror spread until the mirror was covered with what had been a tiny crack. With a final solid punch, the noise of shattering glass echoed through the room.

"Elody!" Ari screamed. I turned to see Ari staring at me with horror and fear. Behind her was a hiding Tommy who's green eyes stared at me with fear. I wasn't sure if he feared for me, or feared me. The painful possibilities brought me back to reality. I stared down at my bleeding knuckles.

"El, you're crazy. So entirely crazy. Let me see that." Ari said. She rushed to me, grabbed my hands lightly and let the blood drip from my hands to hers. Instantly, I could tell she was about to cry even though she tried to act professional about it.

"You've lost some blood, and your wounds aren't too deep. These will reduce to scabs by Damon's New Year's party." His name registered in my mind, and I snarled, pulling my hand away from Ari's.

"Don't say his name." I said. My voice came out raspy and rough. Unidentifiable.

"El, you-"

"El, are you okay?" Tommy interrupted and ran to me. His eyes looked at my bleeding hands. A smile pained my face, but I formed one. For Tommy.

"Of course I'm okay. Come here..." I said and opened up my arms. Tommy let himself relax in my grasp. I wrapped my arms around him and took care not to let my blood stain his clothes.

"I'm happy you're okay."

A genuine smile formed over my face when I realized.

He feared for me.

*****

"Wow..." Ari said, her eyes widening at the revenge we'd just planned for the guys at Damon's New Year's party. It wasn't my plan. It was Brook's. Although she wasn't personally affected by their betrayal, she hated how hurt Ari and I had become, making her fury much, much worse. I love Brook to hell and back, but this plan...