Scars to Your Beautiful

Kiri Sully x GN Reader
Requested- No
Spoilers- What are these
Warnings- Trouble with self image, Scars being reader's biggest insecurity, angst but ends with fluff
Word Count- 2.1k words
—————————————————————————
(2nd person pov)
You hated the way your wings looked. Once beautiful long white wings were scarred. While majority of the damage you faced during that "time" was healed your wings never fully recovered.

It was healed enough so you could fly, support your body weight, fish and do all the necessities that you did before staying with the Metkayina it still wasn't enough. They didn't spread to all their glory as they did before. The sun didn't reflect off of them the same way. They were all tattered and ugly. They were never ugly before.

In your village you always won the contest of having the best wings. Right after your mother of course. Nobody could beat the beauty of your mother's wings. Her long angel white limbs that broke the sound sometimes when she would flap them. The long limbs that would keep you warm during those cold days.

Oh how you missed your mother. Your father. Your home. Sure Tonowari and Ronal gave you and your siblings a new home and you really came to love and appreciate it. You didn't like the heat but sometimes sitting in the sun did feel nice but with skin thick as yours it felt like a volcano. Fire on your skin.

Closing your wings on your back you grunted before looking down at the rest of your body. All different types of scars mostly cuts that healed 3 shades too light made you want to rip your hair out. You were so beautiful before.

Not a mark, cut or scar on your body. Skin sky bluish white smooth, uncut and unscarred. It was perfect. Now nothing was perfect everything was broken, wounded and most importantly ugly. You brought your hands to cover most of your stomach.

You had more pink colored stripes than your normal light blue ones that contrasted well with your alright almost white skin. The sun was starting to tan you. It was another thing you admired most about your body. Or well you used too.

Your skin was so light to blend in with the snow so that your blue stripes almost added its own flair. Its own personality and beauty to the blank canvas that was of your skin. Best part was it was almost never identical. Everyone in your village had their own unique stripes.

Some almost matching their already light skin and others dark blues almost purples that ran down their body like vines. Each shape different from the last and patterns began to form. You really missed it. You never really understood how much you would miss something until you never had it anymore and there was no way in hell you were gonna go back.

"N/n LETS GO PLAY", Kau'i's tiny but powerful voice caught your ears making you turn to face her. The smile on her face big as she half ran half flew over towards you. Her small body tumbling into yours making her fall into your chest a small giggle escaping her mouth.

"Still getting used to the wings I see", Kau'i gave a fast nod as you stared at her growing form. Your people grew fast. She was already up to your thigh. Just a few hairs short but she was close. It was scary how fast she was growing. Learning so much and she was still so little. Just a few months ago she was tumbling out the borrow of your home touching snow for the first time.

Now she was running around, catching her own fish, flying on her own. She was growing. "Yea, they are sooooo heavy", you gave a chuckle and bent down to kiss her forehead.

"Dont worry you get used to them", bending down you ran your hands through her white hair. A few strands now dressed with shells into them the work of Tsireya you had to guess. The girl, your adopted sister now was always doing Kau'i's hair. It's how they bonded.