𝐗𝐋𝐈

i'm driving to our destination. the birthday girl sitting next to me and the three other girls squished in the back. i look in the rearview mirror and spot Holland whispering to Crystal, then i glance back to the road, back again and catch Arden playing some game on her phone.

i squint my eyes slightly due to the bright sun shining down at me. i reach a red light and hold my foot in the break whilst i reach down to grab my purse, i find my sunglasses and hear honking from the car behind me, i curse under my break and put my glasses on and start to drive.

i haven't driven much since the accident, after it happened i didn't drive for 7 months straight, hired a personal driver to drive me, but even then i would barley even get in a car. after a while i learned i had no other choice but to get in a car, and i got used to it.

i remember the first time i drove after it happened, and all that i could see were flashes of my old life, my family, and i was hurt. i was continuously crying, over and over again.

as time passed i did get used to it, i do still blame myself for what happened and what did happened still haunts me. but i wont let that determine how i go about my life, i just pretend it doesn't exist.

"how much longer?" i hear Shelley's voice through there loud music we are playing and i reach to turn it down. i glance over at her then over my shoulder.

"we're right around the corner." i smile as i pull into the street of where the place is. i pull into the car park and park the car. all the girls climb out of the car and walk towards the entrance of the building.

we walk inside the pub and there are instantly hundreds of people drunk and dancing with one another, kissing each other. i try to rid my mind of those thoughts and focus on Shelley tonight.

as a group we decided to go for VIP for tonight since it was a special event and we intended to do massively embarrassing things that we didn't want posted ons social media, although i wouldn't be surprised if it did.

we make our way over to the bar and order a few drinks, it's only 9pm so it's not like we need to get hammered this early. plus it's still 3 hours away until her birthday so we have time.

"thank you." i smile up to the bartender and grab the tray of shots and walk towards our reserved table. i notice all the boys are there, including Dylan. and a part of me is unhappy he's here but at the same time glad he ignored our problems for tonight to focus on Shelley.

i clear my head of all the thoughts about Dylan racing through my mind and place the tray of shots in the table, i avoid eye contact with him and look at Daniel, "bottoms up!" i grab a shot and wrap my arm around his and drink.

the alcohol runs down my throat, burning it along the way. how many of these do i have to take to forget about him?

i sit down at the table with the rest of the girls next to me and the boys in front of us. we all talk for a few hours , drinking, playing games. some went up to dance, some just didn't drink at all. all the attention was on Shelley. everyone had danced with her except Dylan and I. we shared a few glances here and there, but i broke them every time.

i decided to go and dance with her. she was in the middle of the dance floor, dancing with Crystal and Sprayberry. i stare at the table full of empty shot glasses and swallow, i stand up and make my way over to the bar, i feel eyes on me and see that the bartender has been staring at me for a good while. i smile drunkenly at him and ask for another shot. but it comes out funny.

'im sorry miss?" he asks putting down the cloth and crystal clear glass he has in his hands and leans forward, staring deeply into my eyes to the point my stomach does somersaults and i get weird.