Looks can be deceiving

Dex's pov

The room was wonderful and it was as if the lighting was shifting as anyone moved. The colours blended together in the most amazing ways and the crystals sparkled. He had to remind himself that this was were he was meeting someone who could probably kill any one of them if they felt so.

His hand moved to his pocket where he rubbed the area where his brand new batch of battle cubes were hiding ready to be used Elysian may be able to take away their abilities but technology, that couldn't be stopped. He had to admit that was probably the only reason he was chosen to come on this mission.

It was hard to think about, he new that he couldn't control shadows, fire, or anything else. He couldn't move light or shoot lightning out of his forehead. He couldn't teleport anyone, he couldn't communicate with his mind. He would never be able to vanish or phase through walls. He was Dex Dizznee son of a talentless and a lousy tecnopath who couldn't help his friend when he needed to. He. was. useless.

Elysian's voice snapped his attention back " welcome everyone, I hope you all rested well we have a very busy day! Her eyes seemed to flicker towards Sophie. Which caused him a lot of confusion.
And the big question came back that had probably circulated everyone's mind. Could they really trust Elysian?

"Oh don't be so tense take a seat" she said gesturing to the 4 plush chairs in a semi circle surrounding two chairs. One chair was ice blue, two teal and one periwinkle. One in the Center was black and the other brown. As they moved closer to the chairs he noticed that there were names engraved in each and he found the periwinkle one to say Dexter Dizznee in fancy cursive lettering.
He sat down and saw each of his friends take a seat in their personal chairs.

Sophie looked extremely uncomfortable in the situated seat that was pretty close to Elysian herself.
"How did you know who was coming with me today?" Sophie asked regaining her confident act. She had gotten quite good at it since she began leading team valient since she had to be their leader.

"I just do. But that's not we are here to discuss I'm here to discuss things with you Ms foster."

"What do you want with sophie" biana asked.

"I simply have a few things to explain about her role as Moonlark that the black swan has not informed her."
Sophie instantly tensed.

"Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but you really do deserve answers" her grin widened. Although I just couldn't recognize if it was sincere or not.

"Continue" Sophie said with a nervous and contemplative tone.

"Of course, now has the black swan ever mentioned me?"she asked with a knowing look.

Sophie shook her head. "I don't understand why is that related to the job of the Moonlark?"

Elysian smiled, "You didn't seriously believe that you were the black swans first precious project?"