Numb

The cinnamon rolls Pov!!

"What's he doing here."I said angrily.

"Im here to apologize for"..... he trailed off.

"For killing off my best friend? Oh thank you sooo much!" My tone dripping with sarcasm as I rolled my eyes.

He visibly flinched as Sophie moved past me. "Alright I appreciate your caring of me but there's it's not worth starting a fight. "

" Your worth everything and more" keefe growled glaring daggers at forkle next to me. I noticed that everyone but my mom and Sophie were glaring at him.

He cleared his throat. "I understand your- feelings about this situation but unfortunately It's just not possible to stop the operation-." He was cut off.

- "when is it" Sophie interrupted.

" we have 9 days"

I sucked in a breath, nine days until she's gone forever.

I scooted closer to Sophie and grabbed her hand, she gave me a soft smile. It was nice having the awkwardness of my old crush out of the way, now we could just be the best friends that we were supposed to be well, until forkle here took that away.

So I turned my attention back to him and sent him a cold glare.

"We need to discuss the plan." He said. Edaline nodded meekly letting gesturing to an empty chair. And me and my all the other kids sat in any of the empty seats, I ended up next to Sophie on her left, with Biana on my left. Keefe sat down next to Sophie scooting closer than necessary, I smiled wishing she would stay long enough to let their relationship grow, Keefe deserved her way more than wonderboy.

Mr forkle cleared his throat again, "I know this an uncomfortable topic but it needs to be discussed. We have finally found enough details of a neverseens plan to set up a perfect- or as perfect as this plan will be trap." He quickly glanced an Sophie and I tensed.

"the neverseen are going to send a fake scroll supposedly from the council, it will be sent to every Elvin home in the lost cities, as well as the trolls, goblins, dwarves, gnomes and even the orges. It will say something about an urject meeting for all the intelligent species and one more, the humans."

Gasps echoed the room and I watched as sophie started fidgeting. Biana grabbed my hand, I was glad for the support.

"Yes, every human, elf, dwarf, gnome, goblin, orge, troll, Will be there. Even those in the
neutral territories will be told to attend."

"That's a lot" Marella said her eyes widened.

"Yes, which is why it's the perfect opportunity to improve connections"he replied , Sophie flinched. I gave her hand a friendly squeeze, just to let her know she wasn't alone.

"Cant the council stop the meeting by informing everybody of its fake essence?" Fitz asked.

"The council won't be informed that this will be happening until the day of, not giving them nearly enough time to send messages to everyone in the world."

I nodded as the black swans plan took form in my head and I sucked in a deep breath as I realized it. "what is it Dex?" Sophie asked.

I looked forkle in the eye and he didn't break eye contact as my shaky voice said, " your going to kill her in front of everyone."

He nodded.  I felt Sophie's hand go clamy in my hand and I was sure mine was the same. She froze and I heard sobs echo throughout the room.
Keefe pulled her in for a shaky hug. But sophie didn't cry she just froze,  with a distant expression on her face. Her skin was about 20x more pale than it had been the previous morning. (And it had already been paler than usual)

She was just numb.

———————————————————————

That was a pretty short chapter sorryyyy.

Also do you think it's possible for someone to go numb if their not an empath?🤔

Hope ur enjoying the story!! ( even if it's a tad bit sad.) ❤️😭