Parents

Sophie's pov

I woke up to the sunrise, forgetting to close the blinds last night.

I groaned as the memories of the day before crashed into my mind. Mr forkle's words running through my head repeatedly, " you just have to make it to the mission without breaking and then...."
I shuddered at the word "breaking" it reminded me of my nightmares that the monster had switched to flashes of my wandering surrounded by crying family and friends, and nightmares on how death would feel, and how I would die. Mr forkle never filled me in on the specifics and I didn't complain, my brain had reached its max long before the conversation.

"At least I slept a little" I mumbled, that was better than usual.

I put waterproof concealer under my eyes. Hoping it covered the bags under my eyes. And praying it would stay with all the tears I was sure to cry today. I froze as I realized I had to tell Grady and Edaline, this would crush them, they were going to lose their second daughter. Sophie thought some not so nice words at the black swan for letting her build relationships with people. Now, it was going to hurt everyone, not just me, I was going to die and leave my friends and family, forever.

I turned to the door and walked down the stairs and to the kitchen  where Edaline was cooking something that smelled good. But her stomach was sour and twisted with worry, so she wasn't very hungry. "Hi sweetie  your up early!" Edaline said in a cheerful voice. Making me feel incredibly sad that I was going to ruin my parents mood.

Grady was sitting at the table reading a scroll but when Sophie sat down across from him he set it down. Smiling, he asked "how was the black swan meeting? You went straight up to your room yesterday and we didn't want to bug you so, any news?" I nodded and I must have looked really stressed because Grady's face shifted to concern and worry.
He stood up and walked over to my side kneeling down and grabbing my hand, Edaline did the same to my other side. The world started shaking and I realized it was just me who was shaking when Grady and Edaline pulled me in for a hug. Once my heart rate and calmed a bit they pulled back slightly "you know you can tell us anything right?" Edaline asked and Grady nodded.

I took a deep breath and whispered, "the black swan has had a plan on my future and- and they told me - and i-it - I'm going to die." I stuttered barley getting the words out between sobs. I felt arms wrap around me  tightly squeezing me not exactly in a comforting hug like the one earlier but a urgent one filled with sobs from Edaline and Grady as we cried together.
I stood suddenly and ran to my room closing the door behind me, I just couldn't take anymore. I knew that I left them sad and broken but I was weak. Im the moonlark, but maybe the neverseen member was right maybe I was just a weak little girl. I trained so hard to avoid feeling this way ever again but here I was not even having the strength to make it to my bed. Collapsed on the ground sobbing my heart out for who knows how long.

**********************************************

Annnnnnnnddddd that was really sad. Excuse me for a sec
*sobs in the corner of my room*

(Sorry for the short chapter.)