six

After soft laughter, Monroe looked back to where the bunker entrance was. "They're done, Sterling is calling us over." 

Monroe and I settled our weapons, and walked back over to where Sterling was. He let me down first, watching to make sure I got in safe. He probably thought that if I got hurt on his watch, Bellamy would have his throat. 

When I was finally inside, I smiled in spite of everything that was going on. There was a bed to one side, and a couch opposite to it. There was a sink in one corner, and a bathroom beside it. It looked like a mini house; the ones that we had on the Arc. I wondered if mine had made it down in the landing. To be quite honest... I didn't want to find out. 

There were shelves with piles of supplies on them, along with a few CD's. I instantly walked over to where they were, and traced my finger along the album names. 

 Red- Taylor Swift 

American Beauty/American Psycho- Fall Out Boy 

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge- My Chemical Romance 

One-X- Three Days Grace 

Lungs- Florence and the Machine 

X- Ed Sheeran 

I only got that far when I was interrupted by a chair being scraped. I looked over to see Bellamy, Sterling and John setting the grounder onto a frail seat, and tying him to it with rope. 

 "You're gonna leave him like that to wake up?" Monroe asked no one in particular. 

"If we leave him laying down it will be harder to tie him up when he regains consciousness," I exclaimed to the other girl. 

Bellamy looked over to me, and wiped off the rope straw from his hands onto his pants. He came over to where I was, taking a look on the shelf. 

"Of course that'd be the first thing you'd spot," Bellamy smirked, grabbing one of the CD's and reading the track list on the back. "Isn't that one song on here from when we... first saw the acid fog?" 

He had picked up the Ed Sheeran CD, that still had a ton of dust on it. Bellamy pointed toward the song Even My Dad Does Sometimes. He was right; it was the song that I sang while Atom died. It brought back painful memories, but I still connected contentment to the song when I sang it in my head. 

"Yeah, can't believe you remember that," I said, not looking into his eye. I knew it was still a tough topic to talk about. Atom was the first person I'd ever killed, and he was one of Bellamy's first friends down here. I decided to leave it all alone. 

I walked over to the nightstand beside the bed, and picked up a photograph. It had a family in it; a mom, a dad, a boy, and a girl. The kids looked about my age, maybe even a bit younger. I turned it over onto the back. It was dated from 2014. Their names were listed on the back from left to right, just like how they were standing in the picture. 

"I can't imagine kids younger than us living down here," I said when I felt Bellamy come up beside me. I knew it was him, because he lightly graced my fingers with his own. "Especially when bombs were being set off right above them." 

It was hard for me to adjust down here against the grounders and survival. But being faced against bombs, and buildings falling down? That definitely took the cake. 

I set the photo down back where I found it, and turned to look at the grounder. The lack of energy I had finally decided to kick in at that moment. I wrapped my arms around Bellamy's waist, resting my head on his chest. The second I did, he wrapped his arms around me and placed a kiss on the top of my head.