Chapter 12 - Darling

Felix heard the dreadful sound of his alarm blaring in his ear reminding him of the hell he had to go to called school.

He groggily rolled over to turn it off, but paused mid air when he felt pain going through his body, momentarily forgetting about his bruising. He groaned, both out of pain and frustration before carefully getting out of bed and heading towards the bathroom.

He took a quick shower to try and wake himself up more, before putting some ointment on his injuries to try and make them disappear faster. He also downed some pain relievers to help him get through school, putting some in his backpack just in case he needed more.

He walked back into his bedroom, not really feeling like dressing up today since he wasn't feeling well, so he settled for a black hoodie with tiny little hearts all over it paired with some casual white pants. He did put on earrings and necklaces though because even if the world was falling apart, you would never catch Felix without some sort of jewelry.

It's what made him feel like himself even on days he didn't feel good, like today. Especially one necklace in particular, one that Minho had given to him for his birthday a couple years back, and Felix never took it off unless he absolutely had too. It was a small silver sun, Minho saying that it matched his personality.

Minho had also mentioned that it came with a matching moon side, but said that he was keeping it to himself. Felix however had never seen the moon or seen Minho wearing it so he assumed that maybe the other had lost it or didn't like wearing it, but knowing that he had the other side made him feel a little special.

Felix liked to think that him and Minho were made for each other, kinda like the sun and moon. Total opposites but couldn't exist without each other. He of course never told anyone that, not even Jisung, but thought of it like his little secret.

After getting dressed and deeming his hair presentable, he was pleased to see that he still had enough time to make himself breakfast before he had to leave.

Making his way downstairs, he bumped into a sleepy looking Chan who could barely keep his eyes open. Felix tried to hold his laughter in, but it all burst out when he saw his brother almost run into a wall. As he was laughing, he wasn't watching where he was going, and miscalculated his steps, falling down the last couple of stairs.

He heard Chan laughing beside him, making Felix look up just in time to see Chan tripping over some books that were left on the floor, effectively making him fall on his face.

They both made eye contact before bursting into a fit of giggles and snorts, both making fun of each other.

The rest of the morning went by smoothly luckily, and they eventually made it to school in time before the first period bell rang.

Felix walked into his classroom with his head down, already knowing who was in the class with him. He walked over to his seat and sat down, and not even 30 seconds later someone plopped down right beside him.

"Hey pretty boy. How are you this beautiful morning?" Came a rough voice from just right of him, the sentence laced in sarcasm.

When Felix didn't answer or even look up, he heard an annoyed sigh, before feeling his sides being pushed on with straight force, right on his bruises.

He gasped, quickly covering his body with his arms before looking up to see Eunwoo 'sweetly' smiling at him before he continued to push more on Felix's torso.

"You know it's rude to ignore someone. Don't you know about manners brat?" Eunwoo asked, not even caring that he was drawing an audience of other students making Felix's skin crawl with how uncomfortable he was.

"Don't you know about personal space cunt?" That made both males look up to see an annoyed looking Minho with his eyebrows raised, staring directly at Eunwoo.

"We were just messing around, right pretty boy? No harm done" Eunwoo let out while chuckling, retracting his hands from Felix, challenging Minho's stare.

"Don't call him that. Get lost Eunwoo before I do some real harm," Minho gritted out, now full on glaring at the other.

"Is that a threat?"

"Did it sound like a compliment?"

Eunwoo let out honeyed laugh, standing up to leave but turned to Felix while letting out his next sentence.

"I'll leave you two besties alone. Wouldn't want anyone getting hurt, now would we?"

Felix gulped while watching Eunwoo give him a small smirk before actually turning around to go find another seat in the classroom.

Minho rolled his eyes at that before sliding into the seat next to the other, grabbing Felix's hand in his.

"Are you okay petal?"

Felix hesitantly nodded his head, giving the other a small smile before turning his attention to the front of the classroom, trying to focus on the teacher and block out any lingering thoughts.

He miserably failed at that task though, spending the entire period zoning out, replaying the scene and sentences in his head over and over again.

When the bell finally rang, he packed up as quickly as possible, wanting to be away from Eunwoo as soon as possible. So he grabbed Minho's hand and booked it out of the classroom, only slowing down when he felt resistance from Minho.

"Calm down Lix. I know you hate math, but it's not gonna chase and eat you,"

That made Felix actually stop running, laughing as he found that he had carried them over to his and Jisung's lockers. He did a quick sweep of the hallway to make sure that Eunwoo was nowhere in sight before looking back at Minho who was giving him a small smirk.

"What?"

"You know, if you wanted to hold my hand you could've just asked,"

Felix gave the other a confused look, before looking down, and realizing that he indeed was still holding Minho's hand. He even had their fingers interlocked.

He quickly let go of the other's hand, hiding both his own hands behind his back.

"Sorry!"

He continued to look down, not wanting to look the other in the eye, admittedly embarrassed about dragging Minho out of the classroom and holding his hand.

Since he was looking down, he saw Minho's feet start to take steps, gradually getting closer to him until their shoes were almost touching.

He felt a hand gently being placed on his chin while tilting it up, making him come face to face with a very close Minho.

"I don't mind if it's you. I wouldn't mind a lot of things if it was you darling,"

-------------------------------------------------------
I am so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open, so this is all I got for you today, but hope you'll look forward to the next chapter, things are about to get intense! Love you all🖤