Kabanata 15

Dizzy

Checking my wrists watch while counting a second of the chest beat of the patient when suddenly my phone vibrated. Dropping the syringe on the plate as the nurse picks them up and brings them outside.The beeping sound of the machines is like a musical to this room. The family was not here working to pay the bills and he left alone fighting for his life.
I keep still inside the room while checking around and picking up my phone to check messages.

A smile crip on my lips.

William: Are you tired?

Typing my reply quickly.

Me: nope

As I pop the last syllables on my head.

Send..not long enough he replied. So fast,

William: ask me why?

What is he trying to do. I counted 1,2,3, typed my reply.

Me: why?

In a second, my phone is shaking.

William: because you keep running on my head.

I found myself giggling at his silly reply. He is crazy with his pick up lines.

William calling...

I swipe the answer button and walk out the door.

"Hmmn" I can hear the slow breathing on the other line. Thinking of William I can picture him in my head about what he is doing while holding his phone that's how I am crazy right now.

"Can I date you tonight."

It stops me from my steps. He is serious? Finally, I am going on a date! A real date with him! A wide smile on my lips.

"You're asking me for a date General"

"For my wife I'll date her forever."

Haha your flattering tongue is working!

"Beg, me then." I bit my lips.

"Baby, please."

William Huang my heart beat faster!

"I can hear the words but I can't feel the feelings."

The other side groans. I laughed at him.

"Pick you at five then?"

"Let me think about it........oookay since my husband is asking me then, baby yes."

He cursed softly. I can hear the thug sound from falling.

"What are you doing." He's soft voice echoed in my ears. He is freaking me now, I want to see him and kiss him yet we departed this morning though. I can't wait to see you later my love. Calm self, I composed myself,

"Going to my next patient."

"Does it take long?" He ask.

"Yeap.." I breathe out knowing William wants a long conversation and I want that too.

We're like a teenager who is in love.

"Alright qin ai de, see you later."

I can hear someone is cursing him, he is not alone.

"Who are you with." I ask.

"Rob and Dane."

"See you later baby."

"Yeah,See you later."

The long pause silence from the line then i press it off.

I can't remove the smile on my lips. The infectious joy wraps around me i feel like I'm walking on the air, I am in love!