Kabanata 24

Dinner

Sliding the door to open the closet where I am going to change and choose my clothes to wear. Picking up my dress specially for this family dinner makes me anxious to choose which is which to fit for me, I am nervous to go, this is a family matter and I should have nothing to worry I am with William for god sake, I blow my breath to calm my nerves and to calm my brain. Red, white, black, pink..they say red gives blessings and hopefully this colour is my lucky day.

Wearing my off shoulder red dress with perfect sleeves that lighten my pale skin, the dress reaches above my knee and i pair it with 3 inch heels. I Let my hair down as I curl them early today just for the family dinner I am about to attend, I have bad feelings about this, I am so negative today, I remove those doubts on my head as I apply my red lipstick, shape my eyebrows and lastly added the mascara on my lashes.

I'm good

William came inside as he rolled up this sleeves to his elbow He looked so serious about what his doing while my eyes were looking at him through the mirror as he walked in.

He wears his black long sleeve and the black pants. All in black, as my blood superstition, it's a bad omen color, shit, here I am again on my crazy thoughts.

If I didn't know him enough I would say he is a model or maybe an actor that makes all ladies crazy over him. He is dazzlingly handsome, he's hair perfectly comb not even a strand of the hair out of places they are sync and perfect, his eyebrows are natural thick giving him more attractive, his perfect muscularity, over all he is undeniably handsome, he notice my stares as he checked on me too. These eyes are going to kill me.

"You look so beautiful qin ai de." He says it slowly and attempts to kiss me.

"Don't ruin my lipstick William." I warm him, he has the habit of kissing me everytime he has. I rolled my eyes.

He groaned and cursed. "Fuck."

William is observant, he always knows what is going on in my head as he looks at me. I added a bit of blush on my checks.

After a second of silence I looked at him, I stared at him without saying anything. He patiently waited for me to say something but my mouth couldn't form any words to say. He felt that I'm nervous and I can say that his eyes are asking me to tell him.

My first family meeting was with my grandfather and those meetings gave me reason to doubt and I'm afraid about this, that it will be a disaster. I woke up on that day where I was in Beijing, I lost my sight in my home in Hongkong and woke up in Beijing. I couldn't even tell if we traveled by land or airplane. My heart beat fast as my head doubted. I am afraid that they might don't want me for their only son, as growing as a Chinese, the culture and the old tradition that this family practices. As the old sayings, Chinese is for Chinese. I myself are more of a mix Asian woman with the blood of Spanish-Filipino-Chinese, my doubt that his mother will choose pure Chinese than me.

"Baby, " He started to say with his eyes full of trust and that's help my doubt lessen.

"My mom raised me and dad, they are good parents, okay." He says as he grabs both my hand and tugs closer to him.

"They are not like my grandpa.." I say, trying to reason out my doubt.

"My dad looks so grumpy but he is soft inside and my mom is strict but she's sweet as a mother."

Really? I doubt that you're the jewel of your family William.

I nodded my head and smiles at him.

Nixon stood in the car as we came to him. He opened the door for us.