Kabanata 25

Master bedroom

"Grace  this is the best ginseng for pregnant women, I have drank this before and hope you don't mine." She says moving the tray she carried to the table and grabbing the cup.

"I don't mind mom," I say  with a smile and move across the room to take the seat to the couch that was exactly opposite to his bed where his mom sat in front of me.

She continued as she added the sachet of gensing, pour some hot water then stirred with the tables spoon beside the cup, "I prepare some of this for you to bring home, will if you both don't mind though you can live here with us so I can take care of you." She shyly suggested.

William Annoyed, he scratched the back of his head and looted his mom. I spat him with my eyes to stop doing so, I know he didn't hate his mom but the contrary to that.

"Mom, we have our home and we won't depend  on you mom, please don't ask too much from my wife, you know she won't say no that's why you keep askin-"

I kick his legs without her mom knowing as he seated beside me, this asshole can't understand how her mom felt alone at home.

"The house we have is close to the hospital where I work mom and also William's office. We can arrange to visit you every Friday after work so we can spend our time here." I say thinking how hard it is for her to be far with his only son,

Her eyes twinkle, "that's perfect Grace." The panic in her is clear and concern flashing her eyes. "Here" She handed me the cup. " Wait a bit to make this warm enough for you to fill your stomach." As she handed  me the cup.

"Try it," She suggested hesitantly her sound filled with uneasy and I felt bad.

"Have you tasted the sweetness?" She asked with curiosity and waited for my reply.

Oh god, it tastes bitter, I don't even taste the sweetness as I swirled my tongue to find more tastes. A few seconds , there, She's right after the bitterness the taste change to sweetness.

I nod my head and giggled as she giggled with me and I softly smile.

William jaw fell down watching us.

The dinner went well and now we are here in his room preparing to bed, where his room was located on the third floor. And we don't use the long stairs in the middle of the house instead we use the elevator on the left wing, rich people surely know how to spend their money.

I drank the cup  as his mom waited for me to finish it.

I thank her politely.

"Alright since my son is so heartless and feels so bothered why I'm here I don't mind okay, I have my daughter in law with me and my grandchild, hao ba third." She sounds angry but I know the meaning is the opposite to that.

Williams groan with embarrassment.

Her sound shakes and she quickly clears her throat before continuing, "Xie Xie Grace, goodnight " She gives me a sweet smiles.

And for some reason I don't hide the smile that slips on my lips, "Thank you for accepting me." I sincerely said.

I noticed her lower lip wobble a bit but she suck in a deep breath before she said, "Of course, of course Grace, the truth is I'm so jealous with you because my sons forgot me when he married you. It's so not him, he always comes home and then in a flash his gone. I wonder why I investigated, then I realize why my son love you so much Grace, Im sorry I am just a mother and he is my only son.. I'm very sorry, though I'm so happy that he met the woman he loved that I thought for a very long time he might not get married so I got furious thinking of that. Forgive my insolent Grace I have eaten with my jealousy." the worried look on her face.