Chapter 261-265

Chapter 261

Returning to home, the two went back to their own rooms after passing the medicine they bought to Jung Ji Hyun.

Lisa went back to his bedroom and suddenly noticed that outside the giant floor-to-ceiling window, snowflakes fell like the feathers of a swan.

Although snowfalls weren't often seen in the major city Zhonghai, it wasn't very rare either. Since it was close to the ocean, the sudden drop in temperature made the water vapor condense very quickly.

"It's almost negative seven to eight degrees already," Lisa  murmured. As it was midnight, the temperature indeed got really low.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated. Lisa  took his phone out and noticed it was a call from Jisoo.

This woman had always been really independent. She wouldn't call him just to flirt, something definitely happened.

"Dear, have you seen it yet?"

"What?"

"The snow."

"Are you excited?"

"No, I just feel lost,"Jisoo replied.

"Why?" Lisa asked smilingly.

Jisoo stayed quiet for a while. "Because it started snowing, meaning it really got very cold."

Her words brought dense loneliness, making Lisa feel rather desolate.

"I'll come over now to keep you company," Lisa said.

Since Jisoo lived in a small apartment alone, she'd definitely feel empty and lonely, especially at times like this, a night where snow fell in the woods.

"Don't come over, I want to sleep already. I'm not a little girl anymore, I'm not that immature and fragile," Jisoo said with a smile.

"Ah... what should I do then? My Little Chichu always wields the attitude of a strong woman towards me. When do I have to wait until the day where I can finally hug you to sleep?" Lisa  asked jokingly.

"Humph." Jisoo said, "That must be your main goal to come here."

"Hehe..." Lisa  chuckled and remained silent.

After a while, Jisoo asked, "Lisa, are you free on Friday after work?"

"Why?"

"I want you to attend an event with me," Jisoo said.

Lisa  smiled bitterly and said, "It's the banquet by Jang family."

"How do you know that?" Jisoo asked in surprise.

"Because Jennie said she wanted to bring me there," Lisa replied.

Jisoo sighed over the phone. "Jennie would never attend events like this in the past. Apparently, she's doing it for you."

"Yeah, she would do stuff like this occasionally. I can't help but to feel she's contradictory," Lisa  said with a smile.

"Knowing that her husband is cheating, she still managed to do something at this level. Do you think it's something an ordinary girl can pull off?" Jisoo asked.

"That's why I said she's contradictory."

Softly, Jisoo said, "Then I guess I won't go. It'd be awkward having no one with me."

Listening to how depressing Jisoo talked, Lisa  felt a heartache. Staring at the sky as dark as ink and the silver-white snow, he said, "Dear, the city will be covered in snow tomorrow."

"Mmh... What is it?"

"Although I can't go with you on Friday, let's go on a date tomorrow. Treat it as a gift to make up for my fault, by mistreating you," Lisa said.