Chapter 546-550

Chapter 546
Barbie Doll

Perhaps they were too loud, perhaps the drug had worn off, perhaps they really did drag this on for too long...

In short, Jennie didn't wake up before, or after, but right when Lisa decided to kill someone, the light shield was all around her, and her surroundings were frozen in snow and ice!

In fact, from Jennie's expression, which was complicated with obvious panic, agitation, bafflement, pain, and other indescribable emotions, Lisa guessed that she might've woken up even earlier!

"Oh... You're awake?"

Lisa knew it was just stating the obvious.

Jennie gave him a profound look, and all the previously revealed emotions were now hidden as if they had never occured.

Without a word, she looked carefully at the shield enclosing her. Either because she was cold, or she was scared, Jennie huddled into a ball, shivering—like a tender flower in the midst of snow, incompatible with the harsh surroundings.

Stern and Alice exchanged a glance and noticed each other's gleeful expression at Lisa's misfortune. They knew that although everything had been under Lisa's control, he had been keeping Jennie in the dark.

Lisa couldn't be bothered with these siblings, and scratched his head as he thought of what to say next.

When he came up with this plan to capture the enemy by first letting them loose, Lisa had considered if Jennie would notice the details that he had kept hidden from her. But he realized that he would need to be forthcoming sooner or later, so he arranged for everything to have followed through perfectly.

But facing Jennie in such special circumstances, Lisa was still slightly nervous, and took a few deep breaths to calm himself.

Seeing Jennie sitting on the deck silently,Lisa thought that she was just in shock. She was a woman after all; no matter how exceptional her spirit was, it was good enough that she hadn't fainted at such an irregular scene along with all the otherworldly talk between gods.

"Don't worry, it's all over. Come, I'll bring you all back to the ship, we should be back at the hotel by nightfall." Lisa walked in front of her, and extended his hand. Stern's shield was no obstacle to him.

Gripping Jennie's ice-cold hand, Lisa channeled a stream of True Qi to defend her against the severe chill outside which was dozens of degrees below zero.

Jennie didn't resist or mention anything, but surprisingly obeyed. In the past, she would have flushed or dodged any contact with Lisa, but now she was like a barbie doll completely under Lisa's control. Holding hands, getting up, walking, as she was asked to do, all without making a sound.

Her eyes were flat, her face totally blank, and not a single word came out of her mouth.

This woman who had always been like an iceberg now seemed like an exquisite ice sculpture, standing clean and clear on a ship full of white frost without the impurities of emotions or desires.

Lisa finally sensed that the situation was more complex than he thought, and he became jittery. Everything before his eyes was nothing like he anticipated it to have been.

Lisa wouldn't even dodge a resolute slap from Jennie, and would also gladly listen to a hostile scolding from her as she glared at him fiercely...

But her absolute silence made Lisa very uncomfortable.

What went wrong? Lisa didn't get it, but had to let it go for now. The priority was to bring Jennie, Harry, and his mother away from here.

Of course, Lisa was only responsible for Jennie. Harry and his mother would be brought back by the Cromwell siblings. Lisa felt like they had to do their share of the work too.