Chapter 531-535

Chapter 531
Mirror of Purity

As soon as Nurarihyon finished speaking, the wooden sheath fell from the katana he was holding with a resounding thud. With a bullet-like speed, it shot right toward the center of Lisa's brows!

Although it was incredibly quick, Lisa was not threatened by it. He stepped slightly aside and managed to dodge the blade.

The seemingly delicate wooden sheath, whose strike had missed, hit the steel wall behind, leaving a gaping hole no bigger or smaller than the katana itself!

"Nenekirimaru, a blade that never slays people, but only spirits and demons. However, I don't believe you qualify as human." As Nurarihyon introduced his blade, his body had appeared a meter away from Lisa's.

Raising his arm, the blade slashed from above.

It was an outwardly simple technique, yet it was most effective as it was the hardest to dodge!

In Lisa's eyes, Nurarihyon's sword technique was much more precise and brutal than that of Noriko Okawa. Moreover, the blade which seemed to be floating its way down, exuded an oppression like no other. It was capable of delivering forces beyond that of surging waves, leaving no room for escape!

"Not bad."

Lisa's interest was aroused. That was because he knew that he was faced with a true master.

Gazing upon the oncoming blade's point, Lisa was soon covered by an invisible shield formed by the True Qi of Endless Resolve Restoration Scripture within his body. When the blade neared the edge of his body, it got blocked by a few milliseconds' time.

Lisa calmly utilized that little time to move his head a few centimeters to the side and leaned his body away.

At the same time, an energy sufficient to crush Nurarihyon's body into powder had condensed on Yang Chen's palm before it was delivered to him!

Soon, a strange feeling surfaced in Lisa's mind. He had indeed made contact with Nurarihyon's body, but his profound combat instinct allowed him to realize it was fake!

As expected, the 'Nurarihyon' who was struck instantly vanished in thin air.

Lisa raised his head, only to notice that Nurarihyon had appeared three meters away, while the long and slim body of his katana was glaring with a wicked light.

"I can't for the life of me tell if this is witchcraft or your ultimate skill. But whichever one it is, it's such a troublesome one," Lisa said and withdrew his arm regretfully.

Nurarihyon didn't answer him. Instead, he asked, "Did you unseal just now?"

Lisa was surprised. He then laughed. "Unseal? How is it possible? Since you're not a god, if I were to unseal, I would violate the Treaty of Gods. Stop joking around."

"Then how did you block my strike earlier?" It was the first time Lisa had seen Nurarihyon frown. "I have trained my sword techniques for two decades in Okinawa. Admittedly, there should be no one in this world who could walk away unharmed after facing my blade. If you really did not unseal, how was it possible for you to block my blade?"

Two decades? Lisa quickly understood why the guy had only united Takamagahara recently—he had been practising his sword techniques before that.

Thus, it totally made sense that he just found out about Snow Girl's death.

It was understandable for an already impressive fellow to exude such terrifying powers, having trained continuously for twenty years.

"Humph. Don't be too arrogant, you idiot from Takamagahara. His Majesty Pluto isn't someone you could mess with even with his godlike powers bound," one of the assassins from Zero said.