Chapter 401-405

Chapter 401 Expansion of the Female Dorm

By the time Jennie was content with speaking, half an hour had gone by. Lisa didn't feel any discomfort in the cold wind but Jennie's nose and cheeks turned reddish after being blown by the wind for some time.

As they walked down the hill, Lisa removed his coat to place it on Jennie's back.

Jenniei tried to reject his offer, but failed to push Lisa's hand back. As she felt touched in her heart, she said softly, "There's no need for you to do this. It's a short distance, I'll be fine."

"But not short enough that you won't catch a cold. It's the new year eve tomorrow. It would be terrible if you were to get sick now," Lisa said.

When the two got in the car, Jennie was reminded of something. She asked, "You mentioned that Karia went back to school to continue her studies, didn't you?"

"Yeah." Lisa was surprised at Jennie for asking this question.

Jennie asked again, "Is she still living alone?"

Lisa managed to guess her intention. "Are you going to try to convince Karia to spend the new years with us?"

Jennie hesitated for a bit before nodding. "That is if she's willing to come with us. I feel that although she wouldn't mind celebrating it alone, It's better if we can bring her home. It'd be merrier this way after all. Although the new year is tomorrow, she can come over to help us cook and prepare together. I bet she'll like it."

"You certainly behave like Karia's elder sister. You always watch out for her," Lisa said jokingly.

Jennie shook her head. "You don't understand. To me, Karia is the representation of my past when my Grandma had not passed away yet. She was still a little kid when I first knew her. Since I don't have any siblings, she's a little sister whom I've watched grow up. There exists a unique bond between us."

"I'm not against the idea. There's no need to explain yourself" Lisa said with a smile before starting the engine.

Jennie rolled her eyes before quietly taking Lisa's coat off and putting it on the back seat.

They soon arrived at Karia's rented apartment. She was there moving a huge box up the stairs.

Karia was wearing a rather old, light orange coat. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail, while her childish and naive cheeks were stained with black and gray spots. It was a very chilly day, but Karia's forehead was still covered with sweat.

Lisa got out of his car and approached Karia before taking her large box. He asked, "Kid, what are you carrying?"

At first, Karia assumed it was a thief. She rested easily when she realized it was Lisa. A cheerful smile surfaced as she asked, "Brother Lisa, why have you come? It's nothing much, just a bunch of secondhand revision books."

Lisa took a look inside the box. It was indeed filled with science and English books. He guessed that she had found a good deal for them at cheap prices. Smiling, he said, "Even if you want to work hard for your studies, there's no need to push yourself so hard when the new year is right around the corner, do you?"

Karia looked rather pale. Forcing a smile, she said, "It's fine. It's just the new year. It'll pass quickly when I read and do other stuff."

"Your Sister Jennie would be sad to death if she heard what you said. She wants to see you so bad that she came here with me to fetch you to our house for dinner," Lisa said as he pointed in the direction of his car.

Karia was rather surprised at his offer. She bit her lower lip in silence as she looked at Jennie who walked over from the car with a faint smile.

"Let's go, we will celebrate the new year together and you may stay at our house tonight. Anything is better than you celebrating the new year all by yourself," Lisa said. "There's no need to act tough or shy in front of me. I'm not an outsider."