Chapter 486-490

Chapter 486 We Are in the Same Boat

Outside the sanatorium was a large forest. Spring had come and brought with it a decent landscape of trees and flowers in its path.

Lisa sat on the edge of the forest in an ancient-looking pavilion. Evidently, no one came to this pavilion judging by how dirty the stools were. However, Lisa sat on one of them, unbothered.

Standing at the other side of the pavilion was a middle-aged man who was wearing a white shirt and a black suit pants. His face showed hardships and lament while he silently stood thinking of what to say next.

There was another young man standing with an upright posture and a cold face outside the pavilion. He would glance at Lisa occasionally with his gaze which was a little complicated.

One of them had been trying to get Sunmi for decades but to no avail. He was none other than Nancy's biological father—Pyo Ye Jin. The other man was his bodyguard, Dugu Zui, whom Lisa had once beaten in a fight without breaking sweat.

Lisa was shocked to see both of them coming out from the sanatorium. In fact, he assumed that he wouldn't have to deal with Pyo Ye Jin anymore for the rest of his life. He was a cultured man and Lisa didn't really hate him although he was condescending due to his superior status.

However, the relationship between them was somewhat subtle because of Sunmi.

Sunmi didn't love Pyo Ye Jin who had chased her for a decade or more while she took the initiative to confess her feelings to Lisa whom she had known for less than a year. From Lisa's perspective, that wasn't something any man was willing to just let go.

Pyo Ye Jin would've probably thought of a way to get rid of Lisa if and only if the latter lacked the identity as a Manobam clan member.

Therefore, Lisa was shocked when Pyo Ye Jin requested to talk to him.

After some time, Pyo Ye Jin seemed to have had enough of the greenish scenery. He turned around and spoke in a slightly sad tone, "Speaking of my first time meeting Master Lee, I was just a little kid when my father brought me to Beijing for a visit. In the blink of an eye, twenty years have passed since then."

Lisa quietly listened to what he said because he knew that Pyo Ye Jin wasn't done yet.

"In my mind, I always remember the impression that Master Lee gives. He is serious in speech and manner, has an aura of natural dignity and power, and he is a hale and hearty senior. A few days ago, I wanted to pay him a visit as I had a meeting in Beijing. Unfortunately, I received the news that Master Lee had been sent to Zhonghai for treatment." Pyo Ye Jin frowned and said, "I'm very upset to see Master Lee face such a situation."

I really don't think anyone would be happy to see this, Lisathought.

"Sunmi didn't tell me about this,"Pyo Ye Jin said suddenly, "If I didn't coincidentally hear about this, I wouldn't have known that so much has happened to the Lee clan."

Lisa blinked his eyes and said, "What are you trying to say?"

Pyo Ye Jin sighed. "Although I feel very frustrated, I have to admit that I'm inferior to you in her eyes."

Lisa smiled. "She might have thought that you were too busy.  Also, she needed my help."

"You're right. She needs your help but she doesn't need me," Pyo Ye Jin said bitterly. "To her, our Pyo clan is just a rich and influential one in Zhonghai. For a woman like her, there's no reason for her to pay any attention to us. My power is just simply dispensable for her."

"She doesn't look at you that way,"Lisa said with furrowed brows.

"I know," Pyo Ye Jin said with a smile. "I know that she doesn't care about all of these. However, after the incident this time, I realized that you are indeed more capable. You're the one who could help her through her difficulties. As for me, I appear weak and useless at times like these."