4

When Jaemin wakes at 5 AM to his alarm he groans. He quickly calls the hospital and explains that he can't come in this morning. He knows he'd be way too tired to function, let alone perform surgery. He quickly falls back asleep.

When he wakes again around 9 he sees Jeno is still out cold. He decides he should go check on his patient. He quietly knocks on the door and hears a small "come in".
"Hey, I'm just checking in, how are you feeling this morning?" Renjun can't help his tears.
"I'm a little sore, but I'm so great full for what you guys did for me." His lip wobbles at the last part.
"Shh, it's ok. Everything is going to be ok now." He shakes his head no.
"My life is so fucked! I have no home, my father is planning to kill me, and I have no doubt that he will if he finds me. I just don't know what I'm going to do anymore." Jaemin sits beside him and takes his hand.
"You can stay here for a while, we can protect you until we figure out what to do about your father. Maybe we should call the police and file a report?" Renjun shakes his head violently.

"My father is the police." Jaemin looks at him with wide eyes.
"He's the captain, trust me, it would only end badly for me." Jaemin nods.
"It's ok, we'll figure it out. You just stay in bed today and rest. I'll go make us some food." Just as he stands Jeno walks in with a sleepy smile and a stack of clean towels.
"If you want to shower, the bathroom is right through this door. Make yourself at home." Renjun nods with a new set of tears as Jaemin stands.
"Good morning baby." He says as he walks up to kiss him.
"Good morning Nana." He pecks his cheek once more and walks to the door.
"I'm cooking this morning so you can help him get settled."

Jeno goes in the bathroom and stacks the towels and checks to make sure he has everything he will need for a shower. He grabs a new tooth brush from the hall closet and takes it to set on the counter. When he walks out he sees Renjun staring at him.
"Is everything ok?" He nods.
"How long have you guys been together?" He asks softly.
"Eight years." Renjun is shocked.
"Wow, and you are still that much in love. That's so nice." Jeno nods with a soft smile.

"I had the biggest crush on Jaemin through most of our school life together. I didn't know until the end of our senior year that he did too. Neither one of us were out, I mean I'm sure some assumed that I was, but just because I didn't wear a sign saying I'm gay, I didn't really hide it either. I never even told Jaemin, mostly because I was crushing so hard on him and I was afraid he would ask me if I liked anyone. I was too scared to tell him." He shrugs with a smile playing on his lips.
"It was a little over a month from graduation. We were discussing prom. I asked him if he was going with anyone and he said there was a person he wanted to ask. He said he had liked them for a long time and he was finally going to ask. I was crushed. I almost didn't go to school the next day but I'm so glad I did." Renjun can't take his eyes off him. He's so invested in this story.

"There was a note from him taped to my locker, it said to meet him in the gym. I figured he wanted to tell me something and since he had gym first period it only made sense." He sighs.
"I'm not going to lie, I looked like shit that day. I usually dressed pretty decent for school but since I was so fucking sad I didn't care. I wore my grungiest sweats, my hair was awful, I was sick to my stomach. I almost didn't go to the gym. On the way there I thought I could just pretend the note fell off and I didn't see it. Honestly I wasn't ready to face him." Renjun is looking on with sadness in his eyes, he knows this feeling.

"When I walked in the lights were off, it was pitch black. I whispered his name and didn't hear anything so I started to leave, then all the lights came on. He was there in the middle of the floor dressed so handsomely, his whole class was there. They each walked up and handed me a rose then I saw him pull a sign from behind his back. It said will you go to prom with me?" Jeno wipes his eyes. He always gets emotional telling this story.