30

When Renjun wakes the next day in his lover's arms, it feels like a dream. He's afraid to open his eyes, afraid they will go away, little does he know, they both are struggling with the same thoughts.
Finally he stirs, he looks around the room then down to his tummy and chest where their arms are draped over him he feels one of them move so he looks in that direction and sees Jeno looking at him. He leans over and kisses his lips and smiles.
"I'm not dreaming." He says softly. Jeno kisses him again then giggles when he sees Jaemin lying there with one eye open.
"I think someone else needs confirmation." He whispers. Renjun looks over with a giggle and kisses his lips then his nose.
"Good morning." Jaemin sighs happily and kisses his lips once more.
"Maybe we should stay here all day, we've missed having you in our bed baby." Jaemin suggests.
"I'm down for that." Jeno agrees. Renjun hums and ruffles their hair.
"Let me pee first and I'll do it." He says with a smile. They both groan simultaneously.
"I guess the proper thing to do would be to let him go." Jaemin says with a smile.
"Ok, but only to the bathroom and back." Jeno says firmly.
"Yes sir."

In the end they decide that they should probably eat some breakfast first so they all head downstairs.
"Ok baby, you sit down. We want to spoil you today."He giggles as he watches Jeno trying to do things with one arm and goes to him and kisses his cheek.
"How about you sit and rest your arm, I'll help cook today." Jeno makes a pouty face so Renjun quickly kisses him.
"Please? I don't want you to strain yourself." He finally nods and sits down.
Renjun and Jaemin go about cooking. They are dancing and being silly making Jeno laugh. Renjun brings over a tray of fruits and feeds Jeno a pineapple chunk. Renjun looks into his watery eyes with concern.
"Are you ok?" He asks softly. Jeno nods with a small smile.
"It feels like home again."

After eating they go to the couch and cuddle in some blankets.
"I feel like we have more to talk about before things will feel normal again." Renjun suddenly says.
"Maybe, but can we do it without tears? We've had too many of those lately." Jaemin says quietly.
"I just think I should clear the air and lay everything out for you. It's only fair." They both nod and hug him tightly.

"So, when your mother said those things to me." Jaemin holds up his hand.
"Was it when I had her apologize? I just need to know." Renjun nods.
"That was the second time, the first time was in the hospital when she came and got me to come and see you." Jaemin clenches his jaw, trying to hold back a string of curse words.
"She what? At a time like that? What did she say?" He sighs.
"She said she didn't know my relationship to you two but that I should back off, that you don't need me getting in the way. Then when she was here she said that I was an adult that should be living on my own, not using you for your money, and that the longer I stay the more I'll get in the way." Jaemin wipes his eyes.

"I'm so sorry baby, you didn't deserve any of that." He shrugs.
"If you look at it from her point of view though, it did look like that. Like I was using you. It made me wonder if you thought that too. It got in my head, like I knew you loved me, but I still had nagging thoughts. We kind of jumped into this relationship while living together so it felt a little weird to presume that I was "living with you" you know? Like shouldn't there be a period of dating and not just love and instant boyfriends?" Jeno kisses his cheek.
"Every relationship is different, every one has their own origin story and even if it's unconventional, it doesn't make it wrong." He nods.

"I know, I mean I guess I always knew but like I said she got in my head." He takes a deep breath.
"I decided that day that I wanted to make a lasting memory with you. Since we had a lot of hard days because of my situation, I wanted to be free with you and go out on a proper date.

It was amazing. I had so much fun, I felt like I was on top of the world. You made me forget the constant war in my head, it was silent most of the night. Then we come home and believe it or not I had no intention of sex, but Jeno was so sweet and loving so I couldn't turn it down. I just didn't want you to think that I wanted one last fuck before I left you know? It wasn't about that.
Then Jaemin, I couldn't leave without one last time with you either, you guys are like a drug." He chuckles.
"It made it harder for me to go but I had already made up my mind." He tries to hold back more tears to no avail.
"W-walking th-through that door absolutely killed me. I can't even remember how many times I turned around and after getting into the cab I was filled with regret. Not a moment went by that I didn't regret my choice." Jeno rubs his leg.
"You know we would have welcomed you back in a heartbeat right?" He chuckles sadly.
"I know that now, but I convinced myself that you were mad at me, that you would be so angry that I left that you would have turned me away." Jaemin kisses his cheek.