𝓛𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰

You groaned as you sat up in bed, awoke by sounds.
Heavy rain.
Anxiously, you looked outside of the window as you saw the clouds grow darker.

Today you were meant to go to Matt's house but you were going to walk there and you didn't want to go to his house in the state that the rain would put you in.

Sighing, you grabbed your phone to tell him you couldn't go but found a notification from him already sent.

Matt 🤍
Morning sweet heart,
have you seen the weather 😵‍💫xx

Matt 🤍
Btw I'm gonna pick you up I'm not having you walk in that xx

Y/N
Morning and thanks I'll see you soon then xx

Matt 🤍
Is 3pm ok?

Y/N
Yesss ofc I'll get ready now then xx

You smiled as you shut your phone, so happy that your plans didn't have to be cancelled.
This was the first time you and Matt could have a sleepover for a while and you danced around as you packed a bag of things for the night.

Once you were finally ready and had triple checked you had everything, you waddled downstairs with your bag which felt like it was heavier than you.

As you got further down the steps, you saw your mom and Matt sat on the couch together, which made your stomach flutter.
Nothing made you happier than your parents approval towards Matt.

"Hi guys" you walked past them, grabbing Matt's hoodie (which you had stolen) from the kitchen table.

Once you had went back into the room, your mom gave you a look.
"What did I say about stealing the boy's clothes?" She said sternly, in a way where you couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"It's fine Ms y/l.n (your last name)" Matt lightly chuckled.
"Okay I suppose" she rolled her eyes jokingly, "and please, just call me by my name" you watched as the two smiled at each other before Matt got up, taking your bag from you and carrying it with ease.

"Have fun" she called as you two left the house.
"Thanks, bye mom"
When the front door was shut, you just realised you had forgotten about the weather outside.

You and Matt raced to the car, laughing as you both got soaked in the matter of ten seconds.
"Oh my god" you sank into the passenger seat of the car.
"Jesus y/n" he shook his head, "put that hoodie of mine on now please, I don't want you to get sick".
The boy turned on the heating as you both warmed up and he finally set off.

Turning to him, you placed your hand on his leg, which soon had his hand on top of yours, squeezing it gently.

Not long had passed until you had gotten to his house, met by Mary Lou at the door.
"Hi honey" she smiled at you, extending her arms as you got closer.
"Hi Mary Lou" you smiled back against the hug, "how are you?"
For a minute or two, you and Mary Lou chatted before you went to Matt's room with him.

You spent the next couple of hours with Matt, watching movies, playing board games, eating snacks, dancing and soon you were exhausted.

It didn't take long at all until you were drifting away in his arms, which he was gently holding you in, his face buried in your hair.

Suddenly, you were ripped away from your dreams, finding yourself shooting up in the bed, on the other side from Matt.
For a second, you sat confused as to why you had woken up but then you heard a loud bang of thunder and saw the room be illuminated in a deep purple color for a second as you found yourself near tears.

You had never known why you were scared of lightning, but it had always terrified you.
It made you feel so uneasy and it didn't help that you could hear it get worse.
Swiftly, you moved out of the bed to look out of the window to see the rain worsen by the second,  sounding so heavy you couldn't tell if it was hail or not at this point as it fell from the clouds which were gray, nearly a purple color.

You then turned around to get in bed.
For a while you just laid there, praying for it to stop so you could finally sleep, tossing and turning, trying to get some rest.

Unfortunately, your tossing and turning had woken the boy next to you as you saw his eyes flutter open.
"Sweetheart" he lightly shook you, unable to tell if you were awake or not.
"Hm?" You hummed in reply.
"Are you ok?" He propped himself up against the headboard and you sat up, facing him.
"Yeah it's just the lightning" embarrassed, you looked down at the bed.

He looked at you sympathetically, "I didn't know you were scared of lightning" he opened his arms, "come here" and you did, resting your head in his chest as he played with your hair with one hand, the other one holding yours, squeezing it reassuringly when the noises and flashing lights would appear, whispering small things like "it's ok" and "I've got you".

Soon, you had found yourself managing to doze off, but not before you muttered a small "thank you" to Matt, kissing the hand that you had been holding.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note ::

Idrk what to think of this one but I'll let you guys decide that.
Leave any requests in the comments please and I hope you enjoyed reading !
Have a great day/night, I love you all byeee <3