Chapter 21 - Dance Of Love

Anirudh was extremely worried when he realized Anika had disappeared. It had only taken him a couple of minutes to get the ice cream, so how could she have vanished so quickly? His mind raced with anxiety. "Did Winston take her? No, no, I won't let anything bad happen to Anika," he thought, his heart pounding with fear and anger.

Anirudh immediately called his manager, urgently explaining the situation and stressing that they needed to find Anika as soon as possible since the manager were near the ice cream parlor. He arrived quickly, and Anirudh filled him in on what had happened.

"Don't worry, sir. We'll find Anika ma'am. I'll search this side, and you check the left turn around the corner," the manager said, trying to calm Anirudh down.

Anirudh and the manager set off in different directions to search for Anika. The manager went to all the nearby shops, hotels, restaurants, and even the park, hoping she might have wandered off there. But Anika was nowhere to be found, and the rain began to pour harder.

Anirudh retraced his steps, returning to the ice cream parlor to see if the staff had noticed anything. When he got there, he found the parlor closed. Defeated, he collapsed to the ground, tears streaming down his face. He felt utterly helpless but refused to lose hope. Gathering his strength, he got up and rushed to the left turn, but there was no sign of Anika. He looked everywhere, desperation growing as the rain intensified.

Just then, his phone rang. It was the manager. Anirudh's heart raced as he answered, "Did you find her? Tell me she's okay! Why aren't you saying anything? Is she safe?"

The manager's voice was heavy with regret. "Sorry, sir. I haven't found her yet."

Hearing this, Anirudh turned back towards his car, feeling a mix of anger and despair. "Damn it... I won't let that bastard Winston get away with this if he's taken Anika..." he muttered.

Suddenly, he stopped, sensing something. "Shhh... wait a minute," he told the manager before hanging up.

He moved forward cautiously, and then he saw her. Anika was there, dancing and singing in the rain, completely lost in the moment. She was laughing, playing, and enjoying herself like a child.

Anirudh's eyes filled with tears of relief and joy. "Anika, I can't live without you. Don't scare me like this. If something happens to you, I won't be able to breathe. You are my life." he thought, overcome with emotion.

The manager arrived, saw Anirudh crying, and rushed to his side. But then he noticed Anika dancing in the rain and understood. These were tears of happiness. He quietly started recording the scene, knowing how special this moment was for Anirudh.

Anirudh watched Anika, his heart swelling with love. He took out her phone to record her joy, wanting to capture this moment for her to cherish later. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable, so he used her phone instead of his.

Anika noticed Anirudh and ran to him, pulling him into the rain to join her. Anirudh smiled, losing himself in her happiness. It felt like only yesterday they had danced in the rain together, even though a year had passed.

Suddenly, Anirudh remembered Anika's favorite movie, *Jab We Met*. Anika had always talked about the rain scene from that movie. Though Anirudh had never seen the film, he remembered the song Anika had described. Holding her hand, he began to sing:

"Main Tera sarmaya hu
Jo bhi Mai ban paya hu
Tum se hi tum se hi
Raaste mil jate hai
Manzilen mil jati hai
Tum se hi tum se hi

Naa hai ye paana
Na khona hee hai
Tera na hona jaane kyun
Hona hee hai"

~ ' Tum Se Hi ' from the movie ' jab we met ' ~

They danced together, mirroring the iconic scene from the movie. Anirudh even lifted Anika, making the moment feel even more magical. Their love shone through the rain, making everything around them seem to disappear. For them, this was a perfect moment, filled with love and joy.

The manager, understanding the depth of their connection, quietly stepped back to give them privacy. He recorded their dance from a distance, knowing it was a moment worth preserving.

When the song ended, Anirudh and Anika stood there, lost in each other's eyes. The world around them faded away, leaving just the two of them in a perfect bubble of love. Anika's long-held dream had come true, and Anirudh was happy to be the one to make it happen.

Anika hugged Anirudh tightly, and they stood there, embracing in the middle of the street, with the rain pouring down around them. It was a moment they would never forget, a testament to their unbreakable bond.