Chapter 29 - The Perfect Proposal

ANIKA

I was in awe when I saw the scene. The beach was decorated with fairy lights, lanterns, and flower petals leading up to a beautifully set table near the water. There was also a tent with sparkling lights inside, filled with flowers and other items. A heart-shaped arrangement made of candles and flower petals was nearby. It felt like stepping into a dream.

It was more beautiful than anything I had ever seen in movies, read about in books, or dreamed of. Truly magical.

I was overwhelmed with happiness, tears of joy streaming down my face.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approaching softly from behind. Anirudh was coming toward me, carrying tulips and red roses—my favorite flowers. He looked amazing in a suit. The setting sun cast a beautiful glow over the scene, making it even more enchanting.

Anirudh came up to me, handed me the flowers, and asked for my hand. He took my hand, knelt down on one knee, and began to speak:

"Anika,

Beneath the golden glow of the sun,
I stand with you, needing to say something important.

Meeting you taught me the meaning of life, of love, and of friendship.
Every understanding I have, I owe to you.
Before you, I had no reason to live, no purpose.
But with you, I found my reason to breathe.

You are my best friend, my confidante, my partner.
You are my confidence, my support system, my heart, my soul, my life.
We share a bond that can never break, a love that will never fade.

Your touch, your sweet smile, showed me how deeply I love you.
Even during our brief separation, I realized life without you is just existence.
Without you, I'm just a body without a soul.

Under this twilight, I have a question to ask.
Will you be the light in my darkest days?
Will you complete this half-finished sentence of my life?
Will you walk with me through every joy and sorrow?
Will you share every laugh, every joy, every mischief with me?
Will you be my partner in crime?
Will you hold my hand for a long walk?
Will you dance with me in the rain?

Today, I want us to become one, to unite the two halves of our hearts.

The ocean and I have a question for you.
Here on this beach, where our new life begins,
With all my heart, I ask, will you say 'I do'?"

Just then, music started playing softly behind us:

Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring
And said, 'Marry me, Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's a love story, baby, just say, 'Yes'

**~ Love Story by Taylor Swift ~**

We both sang along, looking into each other's eyes, as if the song was made for us.

When the song ended, Anirudh pulled a small leather box from his pocket, opened it, and asked, "Will you marry me, Anika?"

I was overjoyed. I couldn't believe this was real. The moment I had dreamed about every night was happening. I was speechless, the moment was so magical, so perfect.

I replied, "Yes, Anirudh, I will marry you, and I love you so much."

As soon as I said yes, party poppers, balloons, heart-shaped balloons, and flowers began to shower down on us.

I started crying tears of joy and hugged him tightly.

Later, he placed a beautiful diamond ring on my finger. Then, he led me into the tent, which was filled with flowers and a scrapbook. Anirudh opened the scrapbook and showed me pictures of us together from the beginning until now, with beautiful lines written under each picture.

This moment was incredibly magical. A beautiful moment. I sat beside him, resting my head on his shoulder, wrapping my arms around his, and just enjoyed the moment.

Hi guys, how did you like this chapter?