Poem #107

You coerced me. Lured me to stand in front of your car. You then reversed the car. And just as I thought you were leaving me you came full force. I should've known you weren't going to stop. At that speed I knew it was going to demolish me. But I trusted you. I thought this was another test that I could've aced. As I forced my eyes shut, I felt you go through me. I felt you demolish me. Places I didn't even know could hurt were pulsating with pain. My body wouldn't stop aching. My life felt like it was over. I still yearned for you to turn around. I cried for you. Begged you to shove my organs back down as if you weren't the one that ripped them out. I watched people walk by, drive over me. As if I wasn't worth their energy to help. Seasons passed. But I stayed there waiting for you to come back. Thinking an apology was all I needed to sit up right. Until one day an elderly women pulled over and scoped me up into her car. She picked up all the pieces of me that were detached. She took me home and sewed me up. She put all the pieces back together. Then carried me to her back yard and buried me. Somehow, I grew into lavender. Somehow, she made me into something more then what I already was. There are days when she reads me poetry. When she just sits beside me and breaths. We watch the sunset together. And I almost just almost forget about the way you forced yourself through me. About the way you demolish me and just left me there.