Closed off 😒

Carina:
-
I've just come home from a night shift and the house a silent, Maya is most likely out on her morning run now which would explain the quietness.

I'm so over today already and it hasn't even started, it's only 8 am.

Today is just going to be one of those day, I know it is.

I make my way to mine and Maya's shared bedroom to get out of my clothes I had on yesterday and take a shower before Maya gets home.

I turned the hot water on and went and chose what I was going to wear for the day.

Which was literally just leggings and a jumper, Maya's jumper in fact because I don't feel like doing anything so that what I'm going to do, nothing at all.

I lay them on the bed while I got into the warm water to relax my extremely sore muscles.

Just as I step into the warm steam i hear the front door and close which mean Maya is home from her run.

Carina? Babe? I heard

I'm in the bathroom. I shout out

Just then I heard a knock on the door and I say come in.

Maya is very firm about privacy and consent, which a decent human being should be.

She will not enter a room I'm in unless I say she can, that only if the door is closed if it's open then that's different.

Good morning my love. She says as she goes and sits on the toilet.

She's not using it she's just sitting on the lid.

Good morning Bambina. I say in response

I missed you last night, the bed felt cold by myself. She says which makes me smile.

Good thing I haven't got to be at work for the next three days. I say as I turn around so the water hits my back.

How was your run? I asked

It was good yeah, did 7 miles. She says happily as she's proud of herself.

Do you want to jump in with me, bet you're all sweaty. I offered

I would love to but I'm going to run to the store first, we ran out of milk and I need to get some stuff for dinner tonight. She says as she stands back up.

Why didn't you go before you came home, look at what you're missing out on. I say and give her a sneaky 360.

You know, who needs milk anyways. She jokes and I laughed.

An actual laugh.

No, go quick. I say and she laughs as she walks off.
-
I finished with my shower and I changed into the clothes I picked out, I paired them with a pair of fluffy sock and headed to the living room.

I couldn't be bothered to do anything, I am just not in the right mood or headspace for that crap today.

I don't know what it is but I just feel exhausted, physically and mentally exhausted, I'm emotional and just completely drained.

It probably from work but I am not even sure to be honest.

I don't want to worry my wife though cause there is not actually anything wrong with me I'm just being dramatic.

Talking about Maya, I hear the front door open and close just like before and I turn my head to see Maya with two bags in her hand walking towards the kitchen.

I watched as she placed them on the island and came over and sat next to me, not before giving me a kiss though.

I didn't say anything and just cuddled into her.