Chapter 16

Jack

I couldn't help myself last night. I knew the time still wasn't right to bite or mark Maddie but I could also feel and hear my wolf pushing for me to mate with her. I wasn't sure I'd be able to stop myself from biting her but I managed too. I have a feeling that some of the members from my pack will know what happened here in my room last night. I also know that some people will not be too happy about Maddie and I. 

I woke up early next morning, I lay on my back, Maddie was still sleeping away peacefully. Maddie's head was resting on my chest, I gently ran my fingers through her hair, as I did this, I began to wonder to myself on how or why Matt would ever want to hurt her like he had. Maddie was so beautiful, funny, kind, considerate, sweet, thoughtful the list was endless. I would never admit this out loud to anyone but I am thankful to Matt for doing what he did, otherwise I wouldn't have Maddie, my true fated mate, here with me right now. I was brought out of my thoughts as Maddie soon started to wake up.

"It's rude to stare" Maddie said, her eyes still closed

"Is it rude if I'm enjoying the view?" I asked, a smile on my face

"Very funny Farkas" 

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around Maddie in a protective way

"Like I don't want to get up just yet" 

"I meant after last night...." I paused for a moment thinking of how to word the next part

"Do you have any regrets?" 

Maddie opened her eyes and looked up at me, she stared right into my eyes. 

"No, I don't regret anything about last night...I mean I kind of wished we could have done that sooner but for me, last night, it was perfect in everyway because it was with you and you were so gentle with me through it all" 

"Well I know it was your first time, I didn't want to rush you or do anything to make you feel uncomfortable" 

"I know you wouldn't, that's why I'm glad it was with you" 

Maddie leaned in close before another word could be said as placed her soft pink lips on mine, connecting them in a sweet kiss. I reached my right hand up and buried it in her hair as I pulled her in closer to me as our kiss deepened. I could feel Maddie trying to use her weight and little strength to push me down into my bed as she tried to lay on top of me, I went along with her little game, letting her think that she was winning. 

"We should get ready soon" I said as we broke apart to catch our breath

"You really gonna spoil this moment for us? We could go for round two" Maddie suggested

"Very tempting except for one small thing" 

"What's that? That most of the pack members are awake now and will hear us?" Maddie asked as she looked around

"No, not that" I said trying my best to keep my best poker face

"You need to get ready ready for pack duties?" 

"No" 

"Well then what is it?" Maddie asked, still looking at me confused

"This" I said then suddenly flipped us both over so she was now underneath me and I was on top of her. I could tell she was shocked at first but then we both started laugh. 

"Your forgetting I'm a lot stronger than you my little mate" I whispered close to her ear

"I think I may need reminding of that" Maddie smirked before biting her bottom lip.