Chapter 1.

The early morning sun light from the sun rise began to seep in through Maddison's bedroom but she was already she was already practically awake, she had woken up a little while ago but chose to lay under the comfort of her duvet for extra warmth. Truth be told, it was another bad dream that had woken her up but she would never admit it to anyone. Sighing to herself, she pulled her phone from under her pillow and turned off her alarm before it began to ring out loudly. Maddie had noticed that she had a few notifications from her social media apps as well as a few messages from her boyfriend, Matt and her best friend, Victoria, as well as several messages in the group chat. Maddie sighed heavily once more to herself and rolled her eyes in annoyance, she had guessed that there would be messages in there from Matt's friends, probably saying nasty things about the werewolf pack that lived just outside of their hometown, deep in the woods. Maddie didn't understand why they or the others couldn't just let them be, they weren't doing any harm to any one, they just wanted to live in peace too.  Maddie reached down and grabbed her phone charger, plugging it into the bottom of her phone so it could charge up before she was ready to leave for college. After getting up from the warmth of her bed, Maddie grabbed the clothes from the soft fabric arm chair. 

Once Maddie was ready, dressed in her black skinny jeans and black and grey stripped jumper, she sat down in front of her vanity and applied a small amount of make up, keeping a natural look. Once Maddie had finished her make up, she brushed through her silky smooth dark brown long hair, her hair lay just past her shoulders. Maddie sat down on the arm chair once she had put on her black and white converse and sat browsing on her phone. The quietness of the small apartment felt eerily off to Maddie, it has done ever since her mother, Claire, passed away almost a year ago. Maddie had always been close to her mum but she had, had the feeling that there was something that her mum had been keeping from her before she passed away, sadly now she will never know if there was something her mum was keeping from her. Maddie was suddenly interrupted from her deep thoughts by the familiar beeping from her gay best friend, Ben's car. Maddie looked out her bedroom window from the fourth floor up, down to see Ben's familiar dark blue Hyundai i10 car parked out by the font of the apartment building. Maddie smiled and waved down before she moved inside her room and grabbed her phone from the charger, switching the switch off and grabbing her bag which contained all her books for the day ahead. Maddie locked her door and checked it before she made her way down the stairs and out towards the familiar dark blue car, she opened the passenger door and climbed in, next to Ben. 

"Good morning sunshine" Ben greeted 

"Good morning handsome" Maddie smiled back 

"Have you looked at the group chat this morning?" Ben asked 

"No, I seen there was a lot of messages on there but knowing Matt and his friends, its probably a lot of cruel and nasty stuff about Jack and the others" Maddie said in an annoyed tone

"Yeah there was, they're getting worse" Ben said in an equally annoyed tone

"I don't understand why Matt and the others can't just leave them be, they're not doing anything to them" Maddie commented

"I don't understand why your still even with that jerk" Ben remarked

"Apart from his nastiness towards Jack and the others, he can be sweet" Maddie shrugged 

"Don't take this personally but I don't see Matt as sweet" Ben said as he concentrated on driving. 

Maddie sat quiet, not sure about what she could say to convince Ben otherwise. 

"You could do a lot better for yourself, Mads" Ben added. 

Ben soon pulled up into the college student car park and parked his car. The car park usually filled up fast, but Ben was always early so he always managed to grab a good space to park.