Chapter 21(Abhay)

Initially, I was acting to have fallen asleep but then as Sahika got engrossed in her magazine and silence took over, I actually drifted into deep sleep.

I was awakened by the announcement by the pilot that we were going to land in mere 20 minutes. I opened my eyes to find Sahika eating a muffin. Little crumps stuck at the corner of her lips and I somehow managed to stop myself from leaning in to touch her lips and wipe off those crumps.

I reminded myself that I was furious on her, that she had hurt me by doubting on me years ago. My heart broke and my world shattered the moment Kali told me that Sahika had seen me with Rashi and had believed that I had cheated on her. I couldn't believe it.

And then she told me that Sahil was the one who had informed Sahika about my alliance with Rashi. How could she believe him over me? Did she think so shallow of me?

Kali was so tensed about my health and mental state that she texted me every hour trying to calm me down and reminding me that I shouldn't do anything that would put my career on stake.

I took a deep breath and turned towards Sahika when she called my name, "Did you get a good sleep?", she asked me. She had removed her sunglasses now and I could see that she hadn't slept the whole night. Maybe because of the fact that Raghav had talked her just like Kali had talked to me.

"Yes ma'am", I replied. She flinched her nose just like every time I called her ma'am. I knew she hated it and I loved riling her up.

We didn't talk much after that and as we landed in Bangalore I stood up from my seat and reached for my hand luggage that was kept on the top deck. Her cabin bag was next to mine. I brought it down for her and she smiled at me but I ignored and went towards the exit.

When we reached our hotel I received a mail from Kriti about the various meeting we would be attending throughout the weekend. So today was Friday and we had only one meeting today. Tomorrow in the first half we had two meetings and some sort of a sight visit. We had Saturday evening and Sunday off and on Monday we had the contract signing and the flight back home.

I ordered my lunch and went to freshen up, after resting for a few hours and texting all the important people including Kali that I had reached and I was safe I got ready in navy blue shirt and caramel coloured pants. Perfect for an evening meeting.

I met Sahika near the reception and we went to the office together in a car assigned to us by our hosts. We both sat together in the back seat and I could help but notice that Sahika was wearing an ocean scent. She used to wear them on hot days for fresh and aquatic feeling.

I loved her perfume collection. She had different fragrances for different dresses, occasions, weathers and of course moods. I hadn't noticed it in the last few days since we started together but today as we sat close to each other I could actually feel her smell surrounding me.

In the car, Sahika made multiple attempts to have small talk but I bounced most them with either a cold reply or bringing something about work or office.

I could see her tensing as I tried my best not to indulge in a conversation with her. Was she really bad about it? Did she really regret doubting me? Maybe she wanted to sort everything out.

We had already wasted so many years and now sitting in her close proximity, inhaling her scent and listening to her, trying to have a normal conversation with doubt crept into me and I felt as if should actually act as a matured person and forgive her.

I was deep in thoughts when the driver informed us that we had reached office. We met many people there and the meeting was incredible. We had dinner with them and by the time we left the office to go back to our hotel it got quite late.

As we entered the car and it was just the two of us again, I turned towards Sahika to finally talk to her but I found her sleeping. She looked like an innocent child and I couldn't stop myself from smiling at her.

We reached the hotel and the driver stopped the car with a jerk which woke up Sahika. The driver apologized to us but we didn't care about it as we came out of the car and walked inside the hotel.

I thought a conversation was finally going to bloom, but it didn't. Sahika was really tired and didn't say a word to me but as we reached our rooms which were next to each other, she turned to me and said, "Good night Abhay."

She went inside her room before I could respond. I let out a deep sigh and retarded back to my room.

The next went quite same, I had expected Sahika to talk to me in the car on our way to office but she was engrossed in her laptop. She was really tensed about this campaign and I could see that now.

During our way back to hotel we couldn't because of Pranay sir's call. He had called to check up on Sahika and get an update over how the meetings were going. By the time the call ended we had already reached our hotel.

As we walked towards our rooms Sahika was fidgeting through her mails and I thought of talking to her but I was interrupted by a call.

It was Kali, "Hey K", I said and Sahika looked towards me ditching her mails. I gave her smile as in to reassure her that I was okay now.

"How are you doing? Did you talk to her yet?", Kali asked over the phone and Sahika's eyes went back to her mails.

"Not yet but don't worry, we are fine.", I said trying to reassure Kali.

"Are you serious?", she asked me and I could feel excitement dripping her tone.

"Yeh, I am sure. Have I ever lied to you?", I asked Kali. We had reached our room and I opened mine using my key card. I gave a soft wave to Sahika but she didn't look at me before entering her room.

Looks like someone really cares about her mails.

I had a nice conversation with kali as I explained her how I had finally decided to forgive Sahika and she was really happy to hear it.

I had the rest of evening to myself so I decided to catch a move.

After the movie, I went downstairs to the hotel's private restaurant for dinner and saw Sahika sitting by the bar. I wanted to go talk to her but something in my gut warned me against it. So I just sat and ordered my dinner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers, 

So yeah K was Kali, your guesses were all correct ......
Abhay is finally forgiving Sahika, do you think they will be together soon or is there something else on the cue? Whatever the future is I hope u enjoyed the chapter.
Keep voting and supporting