R U S S O 39

R U S S O 39

"This his new girl?" Anastasia asks, flashing her phone in Mateo's face.

They were currently waiting in line at this upscale restaurant, a little dressed up for the evening. Anastasia was even in heels, making herself presentable by avoiding wearing sweats and a hoodie.

"He's not dating her," Mateo replies, gazing up from the picture Tyler had on his page of him and his new friend.

"He told you that?" She tucked her phone into the back pocket of her jeans and asked.

She was being a friend and getting some information for Carly—nothing too crazy.

Mateo says, "He's using her to make Carly jealous. He even asked me if Carly said anything about the post."

"What did you say?"

"The truth," he said. "She doesn't talk to me about that kind of stuff," nor did he ask.

But Tyler hoped that Carly spoke to Anastasia, who would then talk to Mateo, using the line of a telephone for information instead of talking to his ex himself.

Anastasia crosses her arms, and she asks, "So he still wants her?" even though she can sense it.

"Without a doubt," Mateo sighs. "He won't stop talking about her. I told him that if he was that miserable without her, he might as well forgive her and let that shit go."

She hums in agreement. "Would you?"

Mateo gently cocks his head. "Why do you always ask me if I'll be okay with cheating? You cheating on me?"

With a sly smirk, "I got hella bitches."

"You know I can't do what I want to you right now because we're in this restaurant," he said, narrowing his eyes at her.

She was bold only for that reason.

"So I should pop my shit then," sticking her tongue out.

With a soft smile, Mateo says, "Go ahead, but keep in mind that we'll be sharing a bed tonight. Think wisely."

And he still hadn't gotten her back for what she did the other day?

"I kid, baby. I kid," Anastasia says, rubbing the front of his arm. She then took a brief look around before saying, "We should try to get them back together."

Mateo disagrees right away: "I'm staying out of it, and so are you. They're grown; they could get back to each other on their own."

"I guess you're right.. but don't tell me what to do."

He takes a slow blink: "I just did."

She says, "You make it seem like I listen to you," glancing at the couple behind them.

Mateo responds, "You do."

"I don't. Stop lying."

He lifts off the wall to move up in line and says, "Okay, Anastasia."

"Don't okay, Anastasia me," and trailed after him.

She moved to stand behind him, allowing him to approach the host and grab the table that was meant for more than two guests.

Anastasia had a little nervousness settling in for tonight since this dinner was for her to meet his family once again, but officially this time.

When Mateo brought it to her attention, he was casual when mentioning that he was hanging out with his family. She inspected his big, goofy smile a little further and asked him what else he had to say.