R U S S O 34

I changed my mind abt something, but I won't say until the end of the chapter. also I didn't put too much in for aesthetic. I only wanted to give an idea.

R U S S O 34 

Officially, it was midterm week, and people were stressed, getting high, or partying on Tuesday if they weren't studying. Anastasia had her math midterm with Professor Quinn yesterday, and the only reason she felt less nervous about it was because Mateo helped her study all weekend. With his words, he also boosted her confidence that she could pass that exam like her other classes.

She could've spent her weekend sipping fruity drinks and dancing, and while that was the norm, Mateo wasn't letting her get distracted.

It felt good to have someone who cared about her grades as well as his own.

Currently, she was over at Mateo's. She was scribbling in her notebook while sitting near the island, waiting for him to return.

To enhance her attention and keep her from boredom, Anastasia played some music from the TV. Surprisingly, the throwbacks weren't as distracting. She sang songs, wrote things down until her hand started cramping, and let her eyes roam over a thousand words.

She was focused, but about an hour later, the sound of the front door opening made her look up.

She appeared startled for the first few seconds, but her face then softened when she noticed the bouquet of flowers in Mateo's hand. The white roses could mean everlasting love, and the pink roses symbolized innocent romantic love. But to see them blended with the pink brushing at the top of the pedals, adoration spreads across Anastasia's face.

She felt her heart throb. He got her flowers, and, not knowing why, the surprise stung another layer of love into her chest.

"Mateo," she calls out, releasing the pencil from her grip. "Are these for me?" she asks, her eyes following him as he approaches.

"Yeah," he answered softly, seeing how the small gesture made her entire day.

It's visible in her eyes at the liveliness of the flowers, their vibrancy, and how beautiful the bicolored roses were. It was also in her body language as her body suddenly sprang out of its hunched position into a straightened posture, the energetic rush as clear as day.

Anastasia cheeses widely and turns in the stool. "They're beautiful," she raved, scooping the bouquet up in her arms. She had a desire to take an inhale, the herbal smell hitting her nostrils. "Thank you," she said, tilting her head up to kiss his lips with her hand on his arm.

"Let me take you on a date," Mateo says, and she looks amused.

"A date?" she asks, and he hums in response. "Like a date?"

He chuckles, "Yes. I want to do something nice for you before the weather starts getting cold." He took the seat across from her and said, "I feel like if we're not studying, we're fucking, and you mean much more to me than that."

The heat rushes up to her cheeks, and she asks him, "When do you want to go?"

Mateo asks, "You free around six tomorrow?"

"I am," and eager to know, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see tomorrow."

She felt excited. And she knew that no matter what it was, she'd just be happy to be there.

They've been out before, but Mateo thought something more intimate would be nice. Anyone can do a candlelit dinner, but he wanted to give her something a little more meaningful. Show that he put effort into their evening.