R U S S O 25

*I say the Raiders in this chapter, but I'm not talking about the actual team. I'm just using the name. Along with Raúl Álvarez. He's not a football player. I just created him for the chapter.

R U S S O 25

The end of October meant midterms were near. It was a stressful time period for many, but quite a lot of people used the final week of October to party.

Cambridge University was filled with adults. So if they wanted to party hard for Halloween and then return to campus on Monday, that was their choice. Assignments were still due no matter what, and classes were still ongoing.

It wasn't a winter break; it was a Halloween weekend.

Anastasia would've loved to celebrate the night, but she came down with a head cold. She attempted to get dressed to go out, but her head was pounding, and the loads of medicine that Jameson tried to shove down her throat weren't mending her.

He was saddened because they had a duo costume, but kissing her forehead and saying he'd drink for the both of them, he was out her door and inside his Uber. Kyrie was with him, but he wasn't into the whole costume thing and appeared in jeans and a shirt. Jameson gagged, but let him still show up to Madison's party.

Austin and Liana showed up at separate times, but that didn't mean they didn't meet up in the middle. In fact, when they did, Jameson was on his way to use the restroom.

He opened the bathroom door on them, gasping that he had interrupted. It was a sight to see, and as he squealed down the hall, he was in disbelief about it.

Anastasia laughed lightly as he FaceTimed her, listening to him freak out, his words slightly slurred because of the jungle juice. They didn't stay on the phone for long since the connection was breaking up badly, so when the line disconnected, Anastasia went back to texting Mateo.

He was visiting his family this time around, taking his siblings out to get candy while their parents went to a party to celebrate with the older side of the family. There was also preparation for Dia de Muertos. It was a family tradition to remember and honor those they've lost and allow them back into their homes, using colorful displays of ofrendas to invite the spirits of the dead to the altars.

When Monday rolled around, people were still recovering from their fun long weekend, walking around campus sluggishly.

Anastasia was fine, reaching Professor Quinn's class. She did feel like she needed some hot tea and something to eat, a little lightheaded after surviving off of soups and crackers. She wasn't that sick over the weekend, but she was too lazy to cook, and ordering wonton soup sounded like a great idea.

"Create flashcards to flip through them and study," Professor Quinn suggested. "Create a study group and help one another get a better understanding."

Anastasia wiggled her pencil in her hand, listening to the suggestions, until she felt her phone buzz on her lap. She stared at Professor Quinn intensely to see if she could grab it and not get him to go off on her about it.

I wanna see you.

In response, I'm in class.

So. Step out for two minutes.

Anastasia glanced up at Professor Quinn to see him pointing to himself, the vibrant orange sweater vest somehow becoming the topic of discussion.

She says, I'm in Professor Quinn's class. How far are you?

I'm already here.

STALKER.

SHITFACE hurry up.