R U S S O 4

R U S S O 4

Anastasia was currently sitting at a table outside with her friends, having lunch while getting some homework done before her next class. The second week of class moved quicker than expected, and just as the cheer team was practicing for the upcoming event, they were getting in the spirit of attending it tonight.

She was used to game night, but sometimes Anastasia got nervous, and it might creep on her again. She didn't get to catch up on as much sleep last night because her favorite TV show was on, only ever having regret once the morning hit.

Due to her not sleeping the full eight hours, she noticed some puffiness under her eyes and smacked some cooling gel eye patches under her eyes.

She waited until she was out of the house before removing them, seeing how effective they were because of the brand she used.

Anastasia wasn't sure how her energy would show up tonight because, while picking up her chicken wrap with this spicy chipotle sauce dripping from it, she kept yawning. This was a bad thing because she still needed to be ready after class for a small round of practice before the game. How was she going to get the crowd excited if she could barely keep her eyes open?

Hopefully she could get some sleep in between or possibly use music to get herself in a more uplifting mood.

"Sometimes I wish I had a twin that could do this all for me," Carly said as she pushed aside her notebook to give herself a break.

Anastasia chewed her food first before speaking, "do you know how much I could get done?" she pointed to the sheet of paper with the printed-out questions on it: "she could do all my homework, go to class for me, and take my tests."

Carly added, "maybe they could cheer for us."

Anastasia dropped her shoulders and could feel the load that would shake from her shoulders, "you think Coach would notice the difference?"

Carly hummed, "she might. She notices every little, small detail about us," she said in response, her eyes moving from Anastasia to what was behind her.

Anastasia noticed how easily Carly was distracted, but she didn't think much of it until she felt this warm presence coming from behind her. She doesn't get to turn around as of yet, but the sweet and delicate scent of cologne fills her nose, and she feels goosebumps take over her skin before she can even see his face.

With the help of the wind blowing gently around them, her nose was having a field day with Mateo's refreshing scent. She knew it was him. Most guys sprayed on axe and went on about their day, but Mateo? He took good care of himself, and as she turned her head to see him taking a seat beside her, the evidence was present.

He may have been in the field often, but he kept his nails clean, unlike most guys. He also took very good care of his skin, not a pimple in sight as his skin glowed and his eyelashes appeared longer than hers.

His hair, he was attentive to it. He got a line-up often, a trim to keep the short look that Anastasia found attractive about him. He could push it back off his face or do a part down the middle, and he would look good either way.

Taking in his appearance further, she noticed the white t-shirt hugging his muscles just enough to show how often he worked out. It had some artwork on the front, but she was busy admiring the chain he wore. She only saw it on him when he was off the field, and it made sense because jewelry was prohibited on the turf.

She always wanted to ask him if he was a scorpio because the medium pendant was a scoropian.

"Ladies." Mateo nods over at Carly and Gabrielle, the two smiling back in his direction. Mateo quickly averted his attention to Anastasia, seeing how she sat up taller once his leg gently brushed against her, "hola, mami."