Part- 27 (Holi special)

(At SBP, Y/n's room - Evening)

(Y/n flips through a calendar, marking upcoming dates of her exams. Her eyes widen as she spots a circle around a specific day. A delighted smile spreads across her face.)

Y/n: (Muttering to herself) Oh wow, I almost forgot! Exams next week, but tomorrow…oh my god, it's Holi!

(Excited, she rushes up to the terrace. Below, people are lighting bonfires in their courtyards - the traditional Holika Dahan.)

(Meanwhile, Hema is about to call Y/n back to her room when she sees her skipping down the stairs, a joyous grin plastered on her face.)

Hema: Y/n! You okay now? You look so much better than this morning.

Y/n: (Beaming) I'm absolutely fine, Di! But guess what? Tomorrow is Holi, and I completely forgot! It's one of my favorite festivals!

(Jungkook enters the living room just then, catching the tail end of their conversation.)

Jungkook: Holi? What's that, Noona?

(He completely ignores Y/n, his gaze fixed on Hema. Hema bristles with anger, but Y/n places a calming hand on her arm.)

Y/n: (Softly) It's okay, Di. Why don't you explain Holi to Jungkook-ssi?

Hema: (Through gritted teeth) Fine. Holi is the festival of colors. It celebrates the victory of good over evil, symbolised by the burning of Holika, a demon king's sister. Holika Dahan, which you see outside, is the ritual of burning Holika.

Y/n: (Adding her bit) And tomorrow is the main day! We play with colors, throw water balloons, and have a big feast!

Jungkook: Wow, that sounds interesting!

Hema: (Can't help but make a jab at Jungkook) Interesting indeed. Especially with a house full of people you barely know.

(Y/n shoots Hema a warning glance, but Hema maintains a cool facade.)

Hema: (Sighing) Anyway, Y/n, if you're feeling up to it, can you help me with the decorations? Tomorrow is Holi, and the entire office staff is coming over to meet Dad.

(Jungkook is about to interrupt Y/n, his mouth open to say "you can't because you have pe-" but stops abruptly as the door bursts open and Mohan and Titu enter.)

Titu: We got the decorations! Let's get started! Hey Jungkook, wanna join us?

Mohan: (Protective) Why would he? He's our guest, Titu. Show some respect!

Titu: Just asking, big bro. No offense.

Hema: (Curtly) Yeah, he doesn't need to.

Jungkook: (Determined, his eyes locked on Y/n) Why not, Titu-bro? I'd be happy to help.

Mohan: (Hesitant) But you're our guest-

Y/n: (Softly) Yes, Jungkook-ssi, you don't have to…

Jungkook: (Coldly, staring directly at Y/n) But I want to.

(Y/n lowers her gaze, a mixture of sadness and confusion swirling in her eyes.)

Hema: (Stepping in front of Y/n) Alright, fine. Here, take these balloons. Blow them up by mouth and fill them with air.