31.

A/N: thank you for all the birthday wishes. :) it made my day even better

———
January 29th

The day after

You woke up the next morning with a sudden violent sunlight coming into the room, disturbing your beautiful dreams.

You groaned and buried your head underneath the pillow to find darkness again. The covers were pulled away from you, making you very self-aware of how completely naked you were.

The pillow went from your head to your body, as you didn't see the source of the disturbance yet.

"Babe, wake up." A sense of relief washed over you, it was Jenna.

"Just 20 more minutes." You mumbled still sleepy, the pillow returning to cover your head.

A very violent and unexpected slap hit you right on the right ass cheek, echoing through your room, Jenna's giggles followed and a hoarse complaint escaped your lips.

You were now fully awake and in a very bad mood. You definitely weren't a morning person, especially not after a long night of mind-blowing, amazing sex with your sexy girlfriend.

"What the fuck, Jenna?" You sat up and rubbed your butt, turning to the side to look at the shape of a hand forming on your skin. It stung like a bitch.

"Oh stop being such a baby. I made you breakfast." You looked up and took a good look at Jenna right across from you. She looked breath-taking, her messy hair up in a messy bun, she was wearing one of your pajama oversized shirts, which made her look even tinier. A dark spot on her neck caught your attention.

"Come here." You sounded worried, so she hurried, her eyebrows furrowed.

"What?" You grabbed her cheek and tilted her head to the side, getting a full view of your beautiful work from last night. On the side of her neck, right on top of her jugular laid a bruised hickey, exactly the size of your mouth.

"Holy shit. I'm so sorry, baby. Vincent is going to have a hard time covering this up." You joked and placed a kiss on top of the bruised skin.

Jenna let out a giggle and wrapped her arms around your neck.

"You should see yours. Turtle necks for you for a month. My bad, I've got a little carried away." Her full lips met yours and you melted for a second.

"No regrets, whatsoever. So what was it about breakfast you were saying?"

The brunette led you to the kitchen after throwing you some clothes to wear. There a spread of your favorite breakfast foods awaited you. She had clearly put effort into this, and it made your heart swell with affection.

You both sat down to eat, and you decided it was time to have the much-needed conversation that had been lingering in the back of your mind. You took a deep breath and reached across the table to hold her hand.

"Jen, I think we need to talk about us, about what needs to improve for this to work."

Your girlfriend nodded, her eyes serious. "I agree. I've been thinking about it a lot too. I don't want to keep going through the same problems over and over again."

You squeezed her hand, feeling a mix of determination and vulnerability. "I think the biggest thing is trust. We need to trust each other more. That also means being honest, even when it's hard."

Jenna's eyes softened. "You're right. I'm so sorry for not trusting you with Percy. You figured him out from day one. It's just that while I was in Romania, and before you got there, I was so depressed, and he and Georgie were always there for me, so I thought I knew him well, and that you were just jealous. We fought so many times because of him, and I regret that so badly. I should have just listened to you, and not taken sides with him again and again."