Day 346

After finishing what I had left to do here, today I will return to the Great Forest along with Minokichi and the other main members. As the number of people this time were reduced to only about 10 people, consisting of Kanami, others other than Demons, Redhead, the children, along with few others, we were able to enjoy traveling by air for a while, riding Tatsushirou.

By the way, I ordinarily flew within the Atarakua Demon Empire, but unlike before, we were not tracked by their soldiers. I wonder whether it was an influence of the backlog of the【Succession to the Emperor】as well. I was able to come back to the Great Forest in the afternoon, after recovering a few flight-type monster we shot down.

Although it seems that the green is deeper than before, while not having seen it for a while from the sky, it is clear that new developments are spreading around the base.

However, rather than treating trees without care, it is structured in a way that allows you to see how you can easily live while taking full advantage of nature's topography. Although trees which would otherwise interfere with traffic are cut down, more than a certain amount of nature is left, making it easier to live with and protect.

Originally a base used by the Orcs as «Mining Sites», now it was in a state that could appropriately be called a city inside the Great Forest. While feeling satisfied with the base that is steadily expanding itself, we land on the «Airfield» at the top of the summit that has been maintained.

After giving a chunk of Dragon King's meat to Tatsushirou who is a little tired after the long flight, and stroking his face covered with rough, scraping scales using my silver arm, we took a special large sized Skeleton tramp - very distinguishable from others - and rode downhill on the skeleton train. The skeleton train is used by hundreds of people who can ride along the marginal rails that has been laid in the internal base, proceeding almost gently without any vibration.

Incidentally, the rail has increased more than before, and now it continues all the way to «The First Coal Mine» and so on. That's one of the new facilities which pioneered a mountain a little ways away to collect mineral resources, but rails are still being placed.

It would be good to even take a quick ride around with Gulli to confirm the changes made to the base because he came back, but in the meantime we decided to go back to our house. While I made this home I've hardly ever slept in it, but because blacksmith lives here, I usually get the feeling that somehow things are settling down.

After having some time to organize our luggage, Blacksmith returned still wearing her work clothes after wrapping up her duties since we came back.

Behind her, came the cooking sisters wearing their aprons as well as accompanied by the female knight, who has just finished training. Then Doriane, who was in charge of the education of her subordinates, already had them start to work on their own, and alchemist is present holding Nicola, my second daughter, who has already learnt a few simple words.

Since they had been informed beforehand of our return home, they had started to finish up their work after confirming the appearance of Tatsushirou. I was glad to come all the way back to see the others, so I decided to spend the rest of the day in the mansion forgetting about other chores, while talking about a lot of other things the rest of the day.

Because of the rare opportunity, and her being the only child the with a slower growth rate, comparable to that of human children, little Nicola could not outright leave the child care contact of her mother, the alchemist, so now she sat cross-legged on top of my knee, while I was touching her soft cheeks and limbs with a "Puni-puni" sound.

I could not forget that I am a parent and indeed it is still a shock, but Nicola doesn't show a displeased face, on the contrary she has a look as if asking for some pampering. Or, perhaps it's the tattoos on my body that are far more interesting, she might be impressed relentlessly as she come to touch them with a "Peta-peta" sound. Or maybe, because she was born with【Job - Crest Master】, she might be instinctively drawn with some interest.

Even after they've all grown up, I will not forget the skinship with my other children such as Auro, Argento, Oniwaka and Opushii while thinking about going around various places with other children. In ordinary days, training drills are strictly followed, so we should let ourselves be spoiled in these relaxed times. Today was a day filled with home-like feelings.