Chapter 18

Boundaries Tested

The next day,  Jeff was trying to maintain a sense of normalcy despite the tumultuous emotions that churned within him

The next day,  Jeff was trying to maintain a sense of normalcy despite the tumultuous emotions that churned within him. He spent the morning in his room, attempting to read a book to distract himself. The house was quieter than usual, a stark contrast to the whirlwind of feelings he was battling.

Later that day, Apo, one of Bible's loyal followers, entered the room. Jeff had always felt uneasy around him. There was something about Apo’s presence that made him wary. Today, Apo seemed unusually attentive, his gaze lingering on Jeff longer than was comfortable.

“Hey,” Apo said, moving closer.

Jeff nodded, trying to keep his distance. “Hey.”

Apo took another step forward, his eyes narrowing as he looked at Jeff. “You seem different today,” he remarked.

Jeff’s unease grew. “I’m fine. Just trying to get through the day.”

Apo moved even closer, his intention becoming clear. “You know, you don’t have to be alone,” he said softly, reaching out to touch Jeff’s arm.

Jeff stepped back, his discomfort turning to alarm. “I’m fine,” he repeated, more firmly this time.

Ignoring Jeff’s resistance, Apo leaned in, attempting to kiss him. The moment Apo’s lips were about to touch his, Jeff reacted instinctively. He pushed Apo away with a forceful shove.

“What the hell are you doing?” Jeff’s voice was sharp, his eyes flashing with anger.

Apo stumbled back, surprised by Jeff’s reaction. “I was just trying to—”

“I don’t care what you were trying to do!” Jeff interrupted, his anger boiling over. “You have no right to touch me like that.”

Apo’s expression darkened, but he didn’t try to approach Jeff again. “You’re just a prisoner here. Don’t forget that.”

Jeff’s eyes narrowed. “And you’re just a bible's brother not my boyfriend Don’t forget that.”

Before the tension could escalate further, Bible entered the room. He took one look at the scene and immediately sensed something was wrong.

“What’s going on here?” Bible’s voice was calm but authoritative.

Jeff turned to Bible, his anger still evident. “Your brother here tried to overstep his boundaries.”

Bible’s gaze shifted to Apo, a dangerous glint in his eyes. “Is that true?”

Apo looked between Jeff and Bible, realizing he had overstepped. “I was just... I didn’t mean any harm.”

Bible’s expression hardened. “Leave. Now.”

Apo nodded and quickly exited the room, leaving Jeff and Bible alone. Bible turned to Jeff, his demeanor softening slightly.