Chapter 37

The next morning, Bible was unusually energetic, moving through the house with purpose. Jeff watched him from the doorway of their bedroom, confused by his sudden burst of activity.

"Why are you rushing ?" Jeff asked cautiously.

Bible turned with a gleam in his eye, as if he'd been waiting for Jeff to ask. "I've been thinking, Jeff. It's time to make this official."

"Make what official?"

"Our life together. You, me, and the baby. Next week, we're getting married."

The words hit Jeff like a ton of bricks. "Married? Next week?"

Bible nodded, his expression unwavering. "I've already booked the venue. It's all arranged."

Jeff's mind raced, his heart pounding in his chest. He wasn't even sure if he could stand up properly. "Bible, this... this is so sudden. I haven't even-"

"There's nothing to think about," Bible interrupted, stepping closer to Jeff. "This is the next step, the right step for us. I want everyone to know you belong to me. You're the one carrying my child. Our child."

Jeff swallowed hard. He felt trapped, the walls closing in on him. Everything was moving too fast. Bible was planning their future, painting pictures, arranging weddings-while Jeff's world was still spinning from the fallout with Mile. He hadn't even fully processed being pregnant, let alone tying his life to Bible in such an official way.

"I-I'm not ready," Jeff whispered, barely able to get the words out.

Bible's expression hardened, just for a second, before he replaced it with a calm, reassuring smile. "You don't have to worry, Jeff. I'll take care of everything. You just need to show up, and we'll start our life together, the way it's meant to be."

"But... what about Mile?" Jeff couldn't help but ask. "He's still not speaking to me. How can I-"

"Mile doesn't matter," Bible said sharply, his tone colder than Jeff had ever heard it. "He made his choice. Now, you need to make yours."

Jeff froze, torn between the love he had for his brother and the undeniable bond that had formed between him and Bible. Bible stepped forward again, wrapping his arms around Jeff's waist, resting his hand on Jeff's belly.

"This is our future, Jeff," Bible said softly, but there was a steely edge to his words. "And nothing, not even your brother, will stand in the way of that. Do you understand?"

Jeff nodded slowly, but inside, he was crumbling. His life was being written for him, and he wasn't sure if he had the strength to change it.

Bible kissed Jeff's forehead and smiled. "Good."

As Jeff followed Bible out of the room, the reality of his situation began to sink in. He was about to marry a man who, despite claiming to love him, still had secrets Jeff wasn't entirely sure about. And with Mile out of the picture, Jeff had no one to turn to. No one to stop the train that was hurtling down the tracks, faster than he could keep up with.

What had once been a secret, passionate affair was now turning into something much darker and inescapable.

Jeff had been thinking all day. The rush into marriage-it didn't feel right. He wanted to talk to Bible about it, hoping to slow things down. He loved Bible, but everything was happening too fast. The wedding, the baby... He needed clarity.

As he approached Bible's room, he heard muffled voices through the door. He wasn't one to eavesdrop, but something in the tone of the conversation made him stop. It was Bible and Tong, deep in discussion. Jeff leaned closer, his hand lightly resting on the doorknob.