Chapter 29

The Great Escape

The mansion was eerily quiet

The mansion was eerily quiet. The usual buzz of activity had subsided as Bible had left for an urgent business meeting. Mark, who had been biding his time, knew this was the perfect opportunity. His heart pounded with a mix of fear and determination as he walked down the corridor toward Jeff's room.

Mark's mind replayed the conversation he'd had with Mile just hours before:

*"This is the only chance you'll get, Mark," Mile had said, his voice cold and commanding. "Do whatever it takes to get Jeff out of there. I’ll be waiting at the dock. Don’t mess this up."*

Mark had nodded, feeling the weight of the plan on his shoulders. He knew he had to succeed.

As he entered Jeff's room, he found him lounging on the bed, flipping through a book absentmindedly. Jeff looked up, surprised but not alarmed, as Mark approached with a tray.

"Hey, Mark," Jeff greeted, his voice soft. "What's this?"

"Just something to help you relax," Mark replied, keeping his voice steady as he handed Jeff a glass. It was a carefully prepared drink—one that held more than just a simple relaxation agent. Inside, a potent sedative was dissolved, strong enough to knock Jeff out for several hours.

Jeff hesitated for a moment, but the thought of finally being able to relax after the emotional turmoil with Bible made him take the drink. He downed it in a few gulps, trusting Mark like he once had.

Mark watched him closely, waiting for the effects to take hold. It didn’t take long. Within minutes, Jeff’s eyelids grew heavy, and he started to sway.

“Mark… I feel… strange,” Jeff mumbled, trying to stay awake, but his body betrayed him. His grip on the book loosened, and it fell to the floor with a soft thud.

Mark caught him just as he was about to collapse, carefully lowering Jeff onto the bed. He felt a pang of guilt seeing Jeff in such a vulnerable state, but he pushed it aside, knowing there was no turning back now.

He worked quickly, wrapping Jeff in a blanket before hoisting him up. It wasn’t easy, but adrenaline and urgency fueled him. Mark carried Jeff through the quiet corridors of the mansion, careful to avoid any security cameras or staff.

As he reached the back entrance, the cool night air hit his face, a stark contrast to the warmth inside the house. Mark moved swiftly towards the dock, where a small boat was waiting, its engine idling softly.

Mile stood by the boat, his face unreadable as he watched Mark approach with Jeff slumped over his shoulder.

“Get him on board,” Mile ordered, his voice a low growl.

Mark carefully placed Jeff onto the boat, laying him down on one of the seats. Jeff’s breathing was slow and steady, completely unaware of what was happening around him.