Comrade

.............................................

Another day.

I struggle to get up as I pulled an all nighter due to ... nothing?

I stare at the sunlight that's peeking through the cream white curtains.

I've always loved summer. It gives me hope I guess? Sounds cryptic.

I wouldn't say rainy days are unsightly. However, a part of me doesn't know how to romanticize it. Hence, it doesn't help my mercurial temperament.

I check my phone as I see a good morning text from sora.

I keep it aside as I fell on my bed again.

After a certain period of life, the urge in me to have best friends slowly dissipated. I only felt the need to contact them regarding academic issues.

Yes. I've gone through friendship break-ups. Unanticipatedly, I was remorseless since I wasn't at fault. I gave the best of me.

At this point, I don't reckon that you need to give someone a second chance to see if they are meant to be with you.

If they are meant to be, they'll never give you reasons that make it easy for you to let them go.

I met Sora right after my friendship breakup. In fact, she has seen me go through it.

I still reminisce her beautiful features quirked up in fear when my ex best friend forcefully tried to affiliate me with some guy whom I didn't even want nor know.

The guy stalked me. He knew my house address.

I was low-key petrified.

I was innocent and so was sora. Suddenly in such situations, you forget what you want at times.
You just follow the crowd.

I didn't...but all I knew was my ex best friend wasn't the one.
The one who was standing beside me dwelling in the same emotions as I , was the one.

And I knew...sora was someone I could trust.
After the friendship breakup, I kept an indiscernible distance for aforesaid reasons. Later on, when I observed how sincere and devoted she is towards me and our friendship . I give in.

In hindsight, I can proudly say I made the best decision. Nobody knows me like she does.

I've revisited every chapter of my life with her and she loved me a little bit more each time.

I can say, our friendship is strong enough to not make me worry about Losing our friendship.

It's not about our similarities. It's about the fact that we embraced each other's differences .

It's not about her and I liking the same movie or place. It's also about us pointing at each other's wrongdoings without hesitancy.

It's not about the distance between our houses. It's about the closeness and warmth we bring to each other despite the vastness.

It's not about her and I preferring the same level of spiciness in our food. It's also about the devotion and truthfulness we feed each other.

confronting each other and pointing at each other's flaws so that the bond gets stronger is the hardest and the wisest thing to do.

She's my gem. And I would only want her to be an example amongst my achievements in life.

..................

A concise chapter. This Might be the last update for the next two months. Hoping to come back soon.