Downtown

I guess I didn't tell you that
But you're a view that I'm forbidden to
Indulge in.

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

Elora's POV:

"Uhh I look rough today. Fuck I forgot to bring my gloss", I mumbled.

That's when I see someone entering the washroom through the mirror.

Oh. wait. Again?
She was wearing high wasted blue jeans that were hugging every curve of her attractively slim body. Her long, straight and freshly coloured red hair reaches to her waist. Her upper body is adorned by a white tank top. Super basic yet she looks... appealing and bold.

Unanticipatedly, she looked at me right in the eye through the same mirror. I low-key got startled by her sudden stare. As if those siren eyes of her were warning me.
She flipped her unctuous hair and stood in front of the mirror beside my sink to check herself. I felt like she wasn't here to check on herself but someone else. Me.
The washroom started to get vacant only leaving the two of us alone.
She started tapping her perfectly done nails on the sink.I was about to leave when she spoke up-

"So..did any guy hit on you?"

Huh? Why would she wanna know?
I retorted back to answer her.

"Umm.. why does that matter?",
She chuckled. Her aura is somewhat intimidating. Especially, when she talks.

"Just wanted to know. I mean you're new here. Every fresh woman goes through it. That's usual"

" Yeah usual. However, I'm done with my finals . I'm not a fresh woman anymore", I retorted.

"Sure you're not",
She now leaned against the sink, appraising my appearance. A small smirk resting on her pink glossy lips. For some reason, I felt the urge to dress a little bit more elegantly. Only if I knew .
Why am I thinking all that? I look perfect the way I am.

I turned to my heels and head out of the washroom.
Why do I feel strange in her presence?
Well she's doing this intentionally. She wants me to be scared of her. Why so?
I didn't even approach Levis and she's already seething. Lmao.

I've never been eager to meddle in all this drama. But.... I think I really wanna push her.. to the verge. To see how she responds. Will she do the same shit again? Ahan. I'm not her innocent friend.

Considering Sivan's information, she seems to be totally different from it. Perhaps, she has changed after graduating high school. She has much more of an overt persona than she had back then. But how did that happen? I don't think Levis didn't do anything after he found out the truth. He must have retorted in a way that infuriated her and Grace still couldn't leave him in peace.
I'm a little too immersed in this matter.

I exited and I saw a car which looked too similar. I gasped when I saw the person coming out of the car.

"Oh my my Eddyyy", I sprinted towards him and hugged him with full force.

"What was that? You did not just call me Eddy?",

"That's what I call you??! What's wrong with that?", I sulked.

"It sounds like you're calling your bestie"

"You are my bestie! Aren't you?", I smiled sheepishly. Low-key trying to embarrass him.

He made a disgusted face.

"So... You wanted to see me all of a sudden. You came here to pick me right??",

"Talk less, get in the car. I wasn't interested in picking you up anyways. I had some respite time today. So, Mom gave me a list of groceries, I was just passing by so I thought of picking you up along",

"Are you getting in or-"

"Finee calm the fuck down", I bade a goodbye to my friends as I get in the car.
.
.
.
.

Raven POV:

"Do you plan to move out of this city after graduation?", she asks while playing with the residues of the croissant she had.

We had breakfast together at the cafe we have never been to. She suddenly called me this morning asking me to have a chilly morning walk that led to here.

"Yeah I actually do. Are you planning on the same thing?"

"You can say that. I always wanted to study in Canada . To be specific, "the University of British Columbia". It has always been captivating to me."

"Hope you make it there", I gave her a warm smile and she reciprocated.

"What about you ?"

"I haven't specified the place where I wanna admit myself into but most probably it's not in Canada"

She made an O face to my answer.

"How do you feel about this?", I looked up at her. Expecting her to repeat herself as I spaced out for a while. Before she did , I realised what she meant to say.

" How do you feel about me?", I retorted her back with another question.

"You're a great friend. That's for sure. Definitely someone whom I really wanna be friends with after a break up"

Both of us laugh at her statement.

"Sure", I said sarcastically. I'm only capable of friendships. Not beyond that.

"What I meant to say is you're amazing as a person. I can't really throw an opinion on how you are as a boyfriend 'cause purportedly , I haven't been able to actuate that side", I look at her. She's right.

We've been "trying" to date for the past three months. I'm immensely grateful to her as she's been legitimately trying to keep up with me. In the beginning of our friendship, I opened up to her about my mental condition to which she responded prudently.

She unraveled her story of love. How she used to simp for a guy who never gave a fuck about her because she wasn't that popular in her college. Speaking of us, we didn't get intimate physically. Not planning to. It's not like she doesn't want to but I've always maintained a safe distance to signify that physical relationship isn't what I'm looking for currently. Expectedly, she went with whatever I'm comfortable with.

According to what she said , she's an amorous person. She fell in love for quite a few times. Gradually she fell out of it when it didn't work out. In her belief, one day she'll find someone who will decide to stay with her for the rest of the life. For now, she's more comfortable calling this consecutive love cycle "fun".

"I hope I'm not hurting you in any way Sophie. I really don't mean to",

"Oh shut up. You're not! You've made everything clear in the beginning. And I'm enjoying whatever we have".

If she had expressed any kind of uneasiness or grouse about this situationship, I would have straight away backed off and ended this. However, she willingly agreed to this.

I don't wanna deliberately cause someone pain and misery.I myself having a terrible time going through it. That's why I'm here trying to link up with someone else after everything happened like a literal loser. Unlike her.

I wonder what is going on in her life. What she wants to do after graduation. Does she wanna move out as well?

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

Comment and vote.

8⁠-⁠)