Auriferous

Somedays things just take way too much of my energy

Elora's POV:

My phone rings in my hand as I just got done with all of my classes.

It's Cristie

"Hey Cristie"

-"heyy . we have something to get done with today. Where are you at the moment?"

"College. Why?"

-"apartment hunting "

"Uhh again? Where?"

-"it's not that far from your college. I'm going to pick you up thenn "

"Okay? How long should I wait?"

-"15 minutes"

....

What I didn't expect is Levis standing beside me whilst I was waiting for Cristie to arrive.

We didn't talk and didn't even intend to cause ... I don't know.

After a while, I hear him getting furious over a call that he received.

I wonder who it could be....

-"Mom seriously? You could have returned home directly "

I manage to hear him say.

Oh. His mom.

I try to listen heedfuplly what he says when a car starts horning right on my face. Like what?

"Hey"

Cristie starts waving me from the car as I scurry towards the car. I look back at him as he's still busy talking .

"Why did you come alone?"

-"I'm not alone. Driver uncle is with me!"

She reminds me as if I can't see.

"Oh I didn't notice"
I slurred sarcastically .

Just when the car engine starts I peek through the tinted windows to look back and see him getting in a car.

Never saw him arrive or depart in a car. Anyways.

......

It doesn't take us long to reach the destination.

After ruminating over the fact how she found out about the new address, she informed me her close friend lives here. Not in the same building but adjacent to the building we're about to enter.

As we get out of the car I look around just to acknowledge the presence of a person who's been continuously evoking curiosity in me since I got to know him.

Really? What is he doing?

I act as if he's following me until I see him entering the same building as us.