Depths

Serena's POV:

"What's wrong babe tell me", he whined against my ear as I didn't utter a word since he called me.

-"I had a fight "

"With?"

-"Kenny"

"For real? Why?"

I stay silent. I take a deep breath while I replay everything that happened today. I never saw Kenny this broken. I'm terribly ashamed of myself to react this way.

-"the Raven moth- I mean she got to know about Raven's new relationship. She saw all the comments and all. So she was feeling low"

"And.... She bursted out?", he guessed

-"yeah but it was all my fault. Cause I reacted like an ignoramus to her situation"

"Did you say something that triggered her?"

-"I didn't get her. She was being sarcastic about the whole situation and when I joined her, she got infuriated because I took the situation a little too lightly. I genuinely didn't expect her to be this hurt by it"

"I think it's normal. Since we know she's already been struggling with it"

-" I know. I shouldn't have acted like it. Is she gonna hate me now? She doesn't even want me to call her kenny"

I asked him in a broken voice.

"Everything is gonna be just fine. Just give her time",

Elora's POV:

I woke up feeling disoriented. As if I don't remember anything that happened after yesterday's incident.

I didn't get out of my room cause after taking a lengthy shower I jump onto bed. I was feeling exhausted. Few faint knocks on the door was heard yet wasn't loud enough to wake me up from my slumber.

Mom must have understood my drowsiness.

It's 1:00 am now. What the freak?

How?

I've never taken such a long nap.

I reach for my phone which was under the sheets.

9 missed calls and unending messages .

I remained unfazed. I let my emotions get the best of me. Let them haunt me.

I still feel horrible. How could she take it so lightly.

I decide to visit my kitchen as I hear my stomach grumbling for food.

"Elora"

I follow the voice as I see my brother leaning on the door of the kitchen. Why is he following me?

-"were you following me? What's wrong with you?"

"I should be the one to ask that. It's 1 am. Mom was repeatedly going upstairs to check on you. She was nagging at me "

-"sorry you have to listen to her nagging for me"

"What's wrong?"

-"what? Nothing "

He walks to me as he grabs my forearm to turn me to him. I feel so fragile that I could burst out even if someone asked if I was okay.

"What happened? "

-"I'm.... I'm just tired"

I croaked in a broken voice as tears start to approach me.

"You haven't eaten anything?"